• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Investarms 28" or 29" Barrel in deplorable condition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new old stock .50" InvestArms smooth bore barrel still in its shipping container. Think it is about 28" but the underrib isn't the same as regular rifled barrel.
Was going to send to The Muzzleloader Shop to have them open up as much as safely possible to have a switch barrel setup for an InvestArms Hawken Carbine kit.
Still packed up, for about a year now. Decided not to build that but rather get @Rob M. to build me a Trade Gun, I've wanted since I was in the 1979 rendezvous scene. As Aesop's tale of The Dog in the Manger, not going to keep what I'm not going to use. PM me an offer and your snail mail address. I'm pretty sure we can work out a deal.

As Aesop's tale of The Dog in the Manger, not going to keep what I'm not going to use.
Good for you for doing this!

Not in this instance, but I do have some things that I am not using and people could use them. I am making an inventory list and deciding how I can spin these out to people who would want and use them.

Well isn't this a surprise. I bought a trade rifle in .54, poor thing. It had been bought by, just guessing here by someone like me 40 odd years ago, who was "wam, bam, thank you mam." The gun didn't fit together quickly for him so he started carving on it instead of finding help to solve the problem. After he got it together, it shot high, maybe not even on the paper. So he put a peep sight on it, with a hand power drill, and a front sight 1/16th shorter than stock. Then it really shot high. I got it, started figuring and working, mind you I'm no gunsmith, solved some problems but not the .54. Don't need a .54 do need a .50 but rifled. Thought I'd buy a .50 and have the .54 opened for shotgun use. Then I thought, "You, (meaning me), haven't even given the poor gun a test yet". So I dumped the ad. Now I'm looking for a .50, rifled.
I left this open conversation as you say, other members have items unused with no where to go. Welcome to the Forum folks. Steve

I got a new old stock .50" InvestArms smooth bore barrel still in its shipping container. Think it is about 28" but the underrib isn't the same as regular rifled barrel.
Was going to send to The Muzzleloader Shop to have them open up as much as safely possible to have a switch barrel setup for an InvestArms Hawken Carbine kit.
Still packed up, for about a year now. Decided not to build that but rather get @Rob M. to build me a Trade Gun, I've wanted since I was in the 1979 rendezvous scene. As Aesop's tale of The Dog in the Manger, not going to keep what I'm not going to use. PM me an offer and your snail mail address. I'm pretty sure we can work out a deal.
Trying to find out about smooth bore .50s. Tell me about them please. To consider your offer I need knowledge. Thanks,Steve

If Steven isn't interested in you smooth bore I might be sending you a pm

Trying to find out about smooth bore .50s. Tell me about them please. To consider your offer I need knowledge. Thanks,Steve
Was looking for something else and saw this barrel listed for $99. The ad said it was for an InterArms Hawkens Carbine but the rib length was different from the current production rifled barrels. Been a year and my best recollection is that the ad said that the rib is about a half inch shorter than the rifled barrel one. No idea why or even if there was a smoothbore variant of the InterArms Hawken Carbine ever offered. Figured for $99, hard to go wrong so I bought it with the intention of having it opened up to >= 0.54".

If you need, I'll get pix and send you when I get back to the farm in Louisiana.

That is very cool. Little discovery were made
Apparently smoothies are accurate, meaning in the game killing sense, to around 25 yards. What's the lenth well be interesting. Guessing 22" to 25". Looking forward to pictures. However it works out, you'll probably find a new owner. Thanks, Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back