• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Installing a Swivel on a NW Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When installing a swivel (like the one below from ToW), what do you do to prevent the movement of the swivel from marring up your forend? Or is that even a problem? Looks like it might be to me.
1705789344399.png

Thanks in advance!
Bob

When installing a swivel (like the one below from ToW), what do you do to prevent the movement of the swivel from marring up your forend? Or is that even a problem? Looks like it might be to me.
View attachment 287218

Thanks in advance!
Bob
I make a couple washers and put on the bolt , each side ... so the swivel can rotate and doesnt dig into the wood . Put the swivel in front of a ramrod pipe too so the swivel will lay on the pipe when the gun is vertical and then you'll never fight the swivel when putting the ramrod back in .... See if I have any pics ...

Actually found some pics ... Will wonders never cease ! LOL ... The swivels are pretty easy to make too if you dont like the ones for sale . I like the look of the rounded swivels better than the ones I made in these pics but they do keep the sling from bunching up so much to one side , tends to keep it centered a bit better than the rounded swivels . You can see the washers I mentioned ... Also bit different spot for forward swivel than most , thats where he wanted it ...best of luck bud

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1705798191658.jpg
    FB_IMG_1705798191658.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1705798234455.jpg
    FB_IMG_1705798234455.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1705798267419.jpg
    FB_IMG_1705798267419.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
Back