• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inkle loom book ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunkskinner

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good book to buy that tells how to weave and construct a loom for a beginner ?

Yep!!!What style are you looking for??
Two I use
"Inkle Weaving" by Helen Bress ISBN 684-13870-0

"Card Weaving" by Candace Crockett ISBN 0-934026-61-0
Both give instructions for looms ans weaving,,both very good,user friendly!!!!!

Send me a PM with your address. I'll send you my copy.After you read it and start weaving call me and I'll tell you a trick or two that the books don't tell. Lynn

Lynn TKY (thank you) but I have both books,Card weaving still is the challenge!!!!!Then just to add some thought,,I have tried to combine Both Inkle/Card in the same Warp,,so far lots of short Yarn and patients just about gone.

I did an internet search on building an inkle loom and printed the plans out. Then I took out two books from our library on how to use it.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Skinner: Here's the loom I made. Works just fine. If questions, Lynn is absolutely your man!

IMG_0148.jpg

like the one I built,,I staggered the bottom two dowels, on the second one I built, so it was easier to Warp.

This is what i ended up with. It started as your average table top loom, then it grew some legs, decided it couldn't make a sash long enough so i added the 2 foot adjustable piece down the back. There was some wasted space between the legs, aha! perfect place for a cloth shelf. Thanks for the advise all!

DSCN1843.jpg

Skunkskinner, that's really pretty. Nice finish - what kind of wood did you use (looks like cherry, but hard to tell).

Does anyone have a link to the plans? My Google skill just went on strike.

Thanks for the post!

hi, Skunkskinner... thanks ... couldn't tell from the color 'cause the color balance on my monitor is not what it once was... i will try to make one of those in my not-so-copious spare time.

Maybe you can answer a question for me.I picked these up for a few bucks the other day,are these what you call shuttles??? There is no way for them to hold yarn or whatever,they were labled tribal sticks at my friends antique shop..

DSC06244_zps3c097438.jpg

Chief Moonthunder said:
Maybe you can answer a question for me.I picked these up for a few bucks the other day,are these what you call shuttles??? There is no way for them to hold yarn or whatever,they were labled tribal sticks at my friends antique shop..

DSC06244_zps3c097438.jpg

They could be "beaters " for getting the warp tight

Latest posts

Back