• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inflation jacking prices up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't hold your breath, you will suffocate. My friends on the Biden side see no wrong in anything he does. Any problems we have are still the other guys fault.
This particular friend on the Biden side sees plenty wrong in the actions he takes and what he is doing. However, compared to everything that was done wrong that set us up for plenty to go wrong now Biden I'd rather have the mistakes from Biden than have a president that thinks like a dictator who tried to start a coup to overturn a free and fair election.

Everything in the shooting sports world is more expensive, if you can even find the supplies you need.
^^This^^

Shortages for just about anything that makes a gun go bang has been or is hard to find. When I made up my mind in February to build a muzzleloader, I started looking for components, powder started showing up on shelves but no caps, or at least at for what I thought was reasonable prices. Last week I found some at a local wal mart.

I also shoot springer air rifles. There was a particular UK made model I had wanted for a long time, when I decided to buy one there were none in stock and there is only one importer in the states. I ordered it in March of last year and it arrived five months later, in mid August. The price went up $50 within a couple months of being ordered and $50 more right after it arrived. The vendor honored the original price, which surprised me.

One of the things that has fostered immediate changes in policies and attitudes is food and housing. Some say Food shortages are on the horizon and i tend to agree. Nothing turns a flaming liberal into a conservative is the sight of empty grocery store shelves.

As for housing the net is abuzz this very moment with news about a possible housing recession. We made an offer on a place just yesterday. It was stupidly overpriced and they quickly rejected our fair offer as we expected. Realtor did say two telling things. One, they would keep us in very much in mind and two she lamented that most of her inventory remains unsold despite substantial price reductions AND a number have fallen out of escrow due to buyer backout.

It's not the math -- it's the fluctuating price of gasoline.
$9, $20, $30 in his post. At the lowest $9 would get you 5.17 gallons, at a $1.74 a gallon, the lowest it’s been in 6 years. At the highest 5.17 gallons would cost you $25.91 to fill your 5.17 gallon tank. This is the highest and lowest prices. Johnny said last summer when prices we’re almost double the low point. Math doesn’t even work out with the low point.

Math doesn’t work out.

$9, $20, $30 in his post. At the lowest $9 would get you 5.17 gallons, at a $1.74 a gallon, the lowest it’s been in 6 years. At the highest 5.17 gallons would cost you $25.91 to fill your 5.17 gallon tank. This is the highest and lowest prices. Johnny said last summer when prices we’re almost double the low point. Math doesn’t even work out with the low point.

Math doesn’t work out.
He doesn't mention the size of his gas tank. Also, he didn't mention the price for a gallon of gas each time.

If you think it is bad now just wait, the worse is yet to come. Cattle ranchers having to cut their herd size and farmers having to let some fields go fallow due to the extreme cost to farm will run our groceries out of the roof they will be so costly! We better get ready to tighten our belts and get used to a growling stomach! It want be long till our hobby will take a back seat to our survival!

If you think it is bad now just wait, the worse is yet to come. Cattle ranchers having to cut their herd size and farmers having to let some fields go fallow due to the extreme cost to farm will run our groceries out of the roof they will be so costly! We better get ready to tighten our belts and get used to a growling stomach! It want be long till our hobby will take a back seat to our survival!
Ranchers having to cut their herd size or farmers having to let their crops go fallow because climate change is drying up their sources of water for feed to the cattle and water to grow crops. This has been happening for some time now. And we had 4 years of inaction on climate change and 4 years of inaction for alternate energy sources to reduce our dependance on gasoline which leads to increased prices. @LME is correct and we will have to work together to solve these problems.

This is NOT a criticism of a particular dealer or importer, but I had my eye upon an India-made Trade musket; had not definitely decided to buy, mind you, but kept going back to the web site, and "overnight" the price jumped from 649 to 699. Just a comment upon the current inflation, not to pick on any particular importer. I'm aware shipping costs have gone sky-high, but they say the jam up of ships waiting to unload at the coasts has eased. Would never spend that amount on an India-made, would save up another few hundred and get a custom. Thanks.
Exactly that's why I bought a kibler Colonial longrifle! I will not buy another Italian or imported but I will get another Kibler!

We as Americans LOVE to set records, GOOD or BAD. The highest inflation in 40 years reads the headlines.
My personnel opinion, the Fed loves inflation, Wages go up therefore taxes go up. Costs more to buy items, higher sales tax. The Fed does not care that a $3000.00 car now costs $25,000.oo
more tax money.
1969 had a home, a car, a TV, made $5,500.00 a year, 2000, had a home a car a TV made $90,000.00 Just saying

This particular friend on the Biden side sees plenty wrong in the actions he takes and what he is doing. However, compared to everything that was done wrong that set us up for plenty to go wrong now Biden I'd rather have the mistakes from Biden than have a president that thinks like a dictator who tried to start a coup to overturn a free and fair election.

Man you should do stand up comics! You already have a dictator. Throw those rose colored glasses away!!!
facebook-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

facebook-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Ranchers having to cut their herd size or farmers having to let their crops go fallow because climate change is drying up their sources of water for feed to the cattle and water to grow crops. This has been happening for some time now. And we had 4 years of inaction on climate change and 4 years of inaction for alternate energy sources to reduce our dependance on gasoline which leads to increased prices. @LME is correct and we will have to work together to solve these problems.
Get real man!! The climate has changed for billions of years!! The poles have switched over 400+ times since creation! The tropical places have had ice and the poles themselves have been tropical! There have been many ice ages and this happened when there were no trains, planes, automobiles, factories, or politicians, and idiots that don't think for themselves, and believe these corrupt politicians in office today!! Good God man, for once in your life use that brain God gave you!

When I bought my Harley last summer it was 9 bucks to fill it.
Two weeks ago it was $30 to fill, this week $20.

and they tell me im sposed to be happy?
I feel your pain! our so called leader gave out a lot of checks and gloated at how nice and generous he was? He then jacked up gas, food, clothes ect. prices to cover his costly mistake. He had to jump on the oil industry? What a fool! He then bragged at how he lowered gas prices by going into our reserves which we may need if a war happens. this is just another idiotic move on his part. Gas prices are still over double what they were under our last potus? I know there are some people that can't think for themselves and bow down to the lying news media believing every word they say is gospel? How sad, these are the people that will allow us to fall futher into decline and disgrace. We will eventually be just like Russia and China! This is the goal of some very influential people.

Sorry, @Mustang65, the wannabe dictator failed in his attempted coup. Look at the people he admires, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jung Un, Benito Mussolini, Xi Jing Ping and all the other autocrats he so reveres. We need to protect our democracy from narcissist buffoons who think that their beliefs should override facts. He lost and yet he is still trying to make this country a laughingstock to the rest of the world.

I'd rather have my rose-colored glasses than your blinders.

Sorry, @Mustang65, the wannabe dictator failed in his attempted coup. Look at the people he admires, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jung Un, Benito Mussolini, Xi Jing Ping and all the other autocrats he so reveres. We need to protect our democracy from narcissist buffoons who think that their beliefs should override facts. He lost and yet he is still trying to make this country a laughingstock to the rest of the world.

I'd rather have my rose-colored glasses than your blinders.
You just described your buddy! Sorry, I can't bother wasting my time or breath on foolishness like you.🤣
🤣🤣🤣

Get real man!! The climate has changed for billions of years!! The poles have switched over 400+ times since creation! The tropical places have had ice and the poles themselves have been tropical! There have been many ice ages and this happened when there were no trains, planes, automobiles, factories, or politicians, and idiots that don't think for themselves, and believe these corrupt politicians in office today!! Good God man, for once in your life use that brain God gave you!
It is time to get real. The climate is changing more in the last 150 years than it has is previous epochs of climate change. We can do something about it.

There are and were many corrupt politicians that have pursued power and wealth over progress. Let's not reelect corrupt politicians that have no regard for our wellbeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back