• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

India-Made, With A Flair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The kid jammed a ball in the breech of his own gun?
You lent the kid one of your guns?
Your gun came with a flared muzzle from the seller?
You did not know your gun had a flared muzzle....correct?
your gun that you gave the kid was was loaded with your one of your balls and jammed?
A third party broke your ramrod?
The answers to all these questions are yes.....That is what gathered from what you wrote.

Alden said:
So, no "misfortune" "could have been prevented" I guess...

colorado clyde said:
P.S. I would have thought that you would have detected the muzzle flare when you cleaned the gun prior to shooting it......assuming you cleaned it.

Clyde, if you don't understand the differences between loading a gun to shoot and cleaning one please leave the forum to serious members.

The misfortune of a broken ramrod could have been prevented.....
I'm curios how you reenactor types clean your guns? :hmm:

I sure would love to see one of your "dog and pony shows"......I'm sure it would be educational.

Spring has sprung,
the grass has ris.
I wonder where your
lawn mower is.

Do you not have any grass to mow or some other thing that needs attention ?
O.

Dear sir
First of all, I want to say that I am not that good in express myself while writing in English. From your post I can under stand only that the gun is worse to use. I don't no the mathematics of a gun.now I want to clear two things, one is that the gun is "made in India" secondly the gun is tested, proofed, and sold to you by your own dealer. As far as I know, these so called guns exported as "imitation"guns from India. They are not tested or proofed here.that may be junk, I agree that.now, what is your dealer doing with them? If they are so crude, why don't he throw that at the face of that producer? How can he sell that ugly thing there? What about his testing and proofing of that thing? Is it impossible to throw that things back and put some quality standards and technical advice before that manufacturer?
They are just like that kid with you, in knowledge .they don't have modern machinaries or technology.they are not cheating you intentionally. They are just poor at their work, that's it.every shooter here prefer one imported from England,Germany, USA others over our own products.but here there is a ban on importing of fire arms, and everyone is not capable of affording one.they are manufacturing according to their knowledge and capability that depends on the capability of buyers.
And it is not good to blame a whole country for the fault of some manufacturers, that too for "not intended "fault. Main defaulter here is the importer, why he is cheating you by saying that guns are tested and proofed?
Please don't misunderstand.
Thank you sir.

aditya said:
Dear sir
First of all, I want to say that I am not that good in expressing myself while writing in English. From your post I can under stand only that the gun is worse to use. I don't know the mathematics of a gun.now I want to clear two things, one is that the gun is "made in India" secondly the gun is tested, proofed, and sold to you by your own dealer. As far as I know, these so called guns exported as "imitation"guns from India. They are not tested or proofed here.that may be junk, I agree that.now, what is your dealer doing with them? If they are so crude, why doesn't he throw that at the face of that manufacturer? How can he sell that ugly thing there? What about his testing and proofing of that thing? Is it impossible to throw that things back and put some quality standards and technical advice before that manufacturer?
They are just like that kid with you, in knowledge .they don't have modern machinaries or technology.they are not cheating you intentionally. They are just poor at their work, that's it.every shooter here prefer one imported from England,Germany, USA and others over our own products.but here there is a ban on importing of fire arms, and everyone is not capable of affording one.they are manufacturing according to their knowledge and capability that depends on the capability of buyers.
And it is not good to blame a whole country for the fault of some manufacturers, that too for "not intended "fault. Main defaulter here is the importer, why is he cheating you by saying that guns are tested and proofed?
Please don't misunderstand.
Thank you sir.

I can't argue that it's NOT our own fault ultimately. It's like importing oil from Saudi Arabia, cocaine from Columbia, and illegal aliens from Mexico; cheap (not inexpensive) repros come from India*. Just another fact.

*Although I've been educated here that even worse ones come from Africa, South America, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Thailand, New Guinea, Laos, Cambodia, or Vietnam.

All this and still no identification of the maker? Tis a simple matter if the op is true.

There are some imported guns from elsewhere that I wouldn't touch with a toll call Markwell Arms for instance.

Brilliant Zimmerstutzen.

Yes or no answer: do you still beat your Mother for beer money?

Look, I understand your being self-conscious but it's not healthy, you're being this defensive about buying India-made. The cure is just spend some more money on quality replacement arms or don't buy them in the first place (and then choose to take offense when people share their flaws).

Am I the only one with Deja vu ?

Here we are again, listening to Alden complain about the India guns that he buys from American dealers, that for some reason despite his contempt he cannot seem to stop purchasing and shooting.
Truly an enigma :hmm:

It's like stubbing your toe and then kicking what you stubbed it on, over and over again :youcrazy:

Alden: only you have access to the name of the maker. Your reluctance to divulge this information is beyond comprehension or alternatively demonstrates a level of veracity normally reserved for campfire entertainment.

Dear sir
A single barrel cap lock muzzle loader, tested and proofed by Indian ordinance factory; costs 10 to 12 thousand rupees (200 dollars) here.a cap lock double costs nearly 18000 rupees (300 dollars) at retailers. Yes they are not up to the quality of any guns manufactured in England, Germany or US.but they are OK for that much money, they are not that bad.now just compare the retail price of them with yours.there is a huge difference between them. (I think it costs at least 1000 dollars for a single barrel muzzle loader and it is 60 to 70 000 rupees here) for that much money no ordinary Indian with sound mind would buy a muzzle loader. Instead he prefers a used English or US made 12 bore double cartridge gun.Indian made 12 bore cartridge shotguns costs 25000 for a single and up to 40000 rs max for a double. they are comparable to US made Harrington and Richardson in build quality. Now where the chances are there to the quality improvement of muzzle loaders?They may be not so cheap to you for that quality, but import duty, transportation cost, profit of importer and sellers adds to the real cost, I think it is equal or more than the actual cost.

Thank you sir.

Dear sir
I request you that as zimmerstutzen sir asked, to provide the name of manufacturer. At least it help me to stay away from that.
Thank you sir.

Wow, 20 hours after a request for the name of the maker stamped on the barrel and NO response other than a personal attack on me for having the audacity to ask.

Since Alden is so timid about it, I'll go first. The India made pistol which has given me such good service since about 1980 is stamped "M. Sikligar, Udaipur India, 1978." It is a reasonable replica of an 1842 British Lancer pistol. The kind perhaps carried by the Light Brigade in their famous charge.

Ok Alden, YOUR TURN

I asked him too and he put me in a box.
His actions aren't doing much for his reputation... :shake:
It's a shame ....I had much respect for him.
Let's hope he is just busy and unable to respond. :(

Back