• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If It's SOLD, Mark The Listing SOLD.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am asking. Because the last time I sold something, the option was to comment on the post that it was sold and the moderators would then change the listing.

If you click "edit" at the bottom of your original post you can select "Sold" next to the thread title.

At one time there was a time limit on editing a post…24 hours I think.

Has that changed?

But nothing stops too OP from simply adding sold in the last post of the item for sale..
Which will notify the Mods too mark it officially sold..

At one time there was a time limit on editing a post…24 hours I think.

Has that changed?

But nothing stops too OP from simply adding sold in the last post of the item for sale..
Which will notify the Mods too mark it officially sold..
I don't think that's the case, I've edited many posts days/weeks after I posted them.

It is the seller's responsibility to mark the post sold and not the moderators.
Unfortunately, most don't take the time to educate themselves on proper use of the forum tools. You'd think that after an item sells, common sense would lead a person to ask if they don't know how to amend their post. But, I digress as common sense is not so common anymore! :rolleyes:

Lots of items have been SOLD, but the titles don't show it.
I have that frustration too, scroll though the list of items for sale only to see the last post is "sold" instead of the seller changing the listing,
It's not an "edit", changing the listing from "for sale" too "sold" is part of the classifieds.
I don't think this topic will help change things though,, about as much luck as teaching them how to put the toilet seat down.

Looks like things changed in 2021..

AED29CF0-A68A-4861-9B91-59C4B3E1105B.jpeg

Only the Seller can change it to SOLD. Or a Moderator.
Seems like I used to know how, but that mental file can't be found. :dunno:

And I've never sold anything, so maybe someone that knows should reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back