• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Identity Help? Indian made?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow-Feather

32 Cal.
Reaction score
There is a company that sells smooth bores from India. Don't know if this is one, and can't remember the company name.

There is a company that sells smooth bores from India. Don't know if this is one, and can't remember the company name.
In the winter of '76 I was living in Frenchtown NJ. We used to shop at a dept store called Lanco. They has a gun dept and had a very similar one for sale I think around $129. I think they were made for the bi-centenial. Making $5 an hour at the time funds were tight, so I passed. I believe there was a thread on the subject on this forun. They had a name for it which I can't remember to look it up. I may be totaly wrong but the short bbl and garish patch box `make me think otherwise. Someone will hopefully add a little more. Best regards, Jaeger

Thanks guys. There are a few companies selling the India imports but i have never seen one of them selling one that looks like this. But who knows.

Ultra High, Miroku (Japan) made them but that's not a + in this case. They have a 2 piece barrel screwed together at the junction of the octagon and round parts. Check the bore for alignment of the two pieces, some have quite a step there. I've never heard any horror stories about them but I only knew one person who had one and I don't believe he fired it.

You don't see any pics because you moved this thread to Flintlocks Forum. The pics are there. And i didn't have the "India Made " in the title, someone added that.

Last edited:
Surprising that someone other than the OP can change a thread title, probably something that needs to be addressed. This part should be moved and combined with the thread that was moved to the Flintlock Rifles forum.

You don't see any pics because you moved this thread to Flintlocks Forum. The pics are there. And i didn't have the "India Made " in the title, someone added that.
When I see two threads that are made by two different people I assume each one of them is about two different guns.
To differentiate this thread from the one made by you, after I moved this thread from the Firearms Identification section (where it didn't belong because that area is for real, original guns), I add the India Made to the title.

Now that you are saying the gun you showed in your post is the same gun that is being talked about in this thread I will give folks a link to it so they can see the pictures.

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/identity-help.132786/

Latest posts

Back