• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Idaho Public Survey...TAKE IT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this link, Roundball. Let's all take a couple of minutes of our time to show our support for traditional muzzleloader hunting to the Idaho Department of Fish and Game.
Idaho PRB

I sent a letter to Idaho DFG and expressed my concerns for a need for a traditional/primitive ML season as I did to every state, this poll from Idaho seems way off course starting with the definition of traditional to the projectiles and is really kind of meaningless as I see it, One could still use a side hammer with a high tech lead bullet and modern peep and have a gun comparable to many centerfires as to range and accuracy at the longer range, I'll pass on this one and rest on the extensive letter I sent, compromise is what got us to where we are now.If this watered down ML season suits the tastes of those in Idaho then that is fine, as I said before the chance of a true traditional ML hunt is probably gone.

TG,
I, for one, appreciate the time you have taken to write the IDFG with your observations and opinions. You may be right that the hope for a truly "traditional" season is lost but if we can show that there is opposition to "modern" muzzleloaders being used and can stop that by our comments and show of opposition to their use in any "muzzleloader only" hunts then I feel we have certainly gained ground.
If no one from the traditional side at least represents our preference then we just have to take whatever they give us. Hopefully we can show an overwhelming majority for traditional style hunting if we take the time to write the IDFG or fill out their survey. Maybe the other guys will be lazier? Let's hit 'em as hard as we can to show our support to continue with the use of "traditional muzzleloader only" hunts.
Idaho PRB

Back