• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fake Harbor Freight Offer Hoax

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a highly professional, very well done e-mail from a fake Harbor Freight; they offer to ship free ($8.95) a nice case with a 244-pc. tool set; every detail of the offering is perfect; my local H-F said it's a scam. You merely have to take a short Q&A survey, then the screen for credit information comes up. It will fool many, and if it comes from "overseas" your money and details will be in Putin's office by tomorrow! Glad I did not bite!

Got a highly professional, very well done e-mail from a fake Harbor Freight; they offer to ship free ($8.95) a nice case with a 244-pc. tool set; every detail of the offering is perfect; my local H-F said it's a scam. You merely have to take a short Q&A survey, then the screen for credit information comes up. It will fool many, and if it comes from "overseas" your money and details will be in Putin's office by tomorrow! Glad I did not bite!
Actually in Xi Jinping's 🇨🇳 office, but thanks for the heads up. :thumb:

I saw an add for that and was like, 'WHAT"? I figured the stuff was absolute garbage metal, but now I know it's made out of pure imaginarium, treated with a balderdashtic process. ☺️

LD

Last edited:
Your lucky if that is the only one you have gotten. I get dozens of different ones every day. there are 2 that really stand out. The 4 wheeler that I have won many times from Lowes and they are going to ship it to me for free by USPS. The all time winner is the Liquor warehouse that is over stocked and I can get a 23 year old bottle of Pappy Van Winkle for $29.95 and free shipping. I live in the heart of Bourbon country and I have never seen one and you probably couldn't get one for 20 times that price.

I find the cheapy chinese sites interesting and scary at same time. Prices are stupid low and they do send stuff so not an outright scam. What is scary is they track every thing you buy to the nth degree and over use AI to structure future offers/ads. They are cutting deeply into US sellers (harbor F, amazon, ebay, walmart ect) but gathering info at an alarming rate. Also shows enormous mark up US resellers make. If you buy from Chinese, get everything you want in first order as prices shoot up after. Also if you do not like you can ask for return to which the answer is almost always "keep it" with full refund. Never has the term

Caveat emptor Been so important!!!

Back