• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ID - TC or Lyman Lock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticap

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if this is a new TC, Lyman or other brand of lock?
How can one tell?
Is it for use with a single or a double trigger or can it be used with either?
The solid brass piece measures .75 inches in diameter.
The lock plate screw is 1.62 inches long and the diameter of the screw head is .25 inches.

P1050298a28.jpg

P1050303a38.jpg

This is different from my other Traditions locks that employ a V spring, and also have the lock plate cut out so the drum will fit.

Will it work with either a single or double trigger set up?

TC Hawken including the screw and the side plate. It is just like the one on my Hawken kit gun. Also identical to my New englander except for on that one the side plate (looks like a thick washer) is blue instead of brass.

Early style T/C lock assembly that fits all caplock models of T/C muzzleloades except the Cherokee, Seneca, or Patriot...these early manufactured hammers from the 70's & 80's with the straight up cock piece are hands down the best, IMO.

The newer design are curved so much that with any kind of gloves they are prone to slipping out from under your thumb when they are almost back all the way to full cock

Many thanks to everyone for filling in the details.
A gunshow vendor got it from an estate and I couldn't pass it by.
It's somewhat stiff cocking as it needs to be brought all of the way back in order to engage the full cock notch. But on the other hand the let off is nice and crisp and not too heavy.
I was surpised that there's not any manufacturer's marks to be found on it at all.
Sometimes it's worth going to small antique gunshows just to hunt for interesting BP stuff.

Looks like its brand new...I suspect if you look up inside the hammer shroud it'll be clean bare metal...

TC just like all mine. You seem to always find the good stuff, bet you got it cheap too! New they are a little over $100 bucks

Latest posts

Back