• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

IBS What does it stand for?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidi 1672

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I noticed at the Track of the Wolf web page The IBS by Green Mountain Drop in Barrels. What does the IBS stand For? Thank You

Interchangable Barrel System. You can buy one of these barrels that will drop into place on your TC or similar stock and instantly change calabers, twist rate, barrel length, etc. without having to buy a complete gun. Also known as drop in barrels, see topic on .58 cal. barrel farther down list.

These interchangable barrels only fit certain rifles. Thompson Center Hawkins, Renegades, White Mountain Carbines, Lyman Great Plains, Lyman Trade Rifle, Lyman Deer Stalker, Cabela's Hawkins and a few others... They come in some pretty nice twist rates for the kind of shooting you want to do...

PA hunter, Plese contact me by E-Mail . I have been trying to contact you about your 44.Rem Thanks Jerry GUN-CAPT @wetv.net

Have you been trying to send a message through the link on the classifieds? I have had 3 different people now with stuff for sale not get the message i sent them through that link. Only after i sent them a PM did i hear from them. They said they had never received the message from the classifieds.

iritable bowel syndrome. something you sometimes see while group shooting.
will always be someone uptight, or someone with a foreign object lodged in their exit causing discomfort and crouchiness. :rotf: :rotf:

...seriously, they are a line of barrels by green mt that will 99.9% perfectly drop into a few different production made guns. I accquired one and love it!

Latest posts

Back