• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I got my 2006 buck back.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaho Ron

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I got my buck back from the taxidermist. Here is a few pictures.
I think it turned out pretty good. I got the buck with my Renegade with the Green mountain barrel. I hit him with a 410 gr Hornady Great plains bullet and 100 gr of pyrodex select. The first pictures was last October. Ron

445809.jpg

488060.jpg

488065.jpg

488068.jpg

488067.jpg

His widest spread was 30". We should hava a guess the score contest. I know what he is what do you think? Ron

It is hard to believe but the buck only scores 171 gross 168 net. He has short main beams.
Even at that I would have shot him again. I don't have them scored for a book. Just a personal for me. Ron

That was what I thought he would have been. The thing I didn't look at when I first judged him on the foot was the length of the main beem. I was also looking at him from over a mile away. Ron

Back