• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting TV show

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup, me too, cept this time the drift were higher than the dish :shocked2: had to use me a shovel to dig down deep enough so when i brush the dish off the snow actually fell down! figured i were in trouble when i looked out the window...well tried to look out the window,,there be a sizable drift there...can't tell how big,over the window..jes knew the dish were in big time! may have somethin to do with that 17 acre pond the snow and wind jes whip down and stop...right behind the house! but it's a real pleasent site when there ain't no snow! RC

we had a window in the dinning room on the farm in N.J. that was 7 feet off the ground outside....when our husky was looking in that window with it's feet showing above the window sill we knew the snow was deep that winter from drifting :rotf: :v ..............bob

"""our husky was looking in that window with it's feet showing above the window sill ""------------------------------------------------------------------------------white buffalo,,, you could stillSEE the dog? when our pit bull was outside the window we could only hear him whimper..above us...an a few tiny flakes of snow dwiddled down tween the cracks.......boy i miss that dog..

Unless my eyes are playin tricks, looks like it's being shown tonight at 10:00 pm eastern. Hope so, I missed it yesterday and would like to tape it. :thumbsup:

Yotie Joe is tapin it fer me, This hillbilly don't get no fancy TV reception.
Glad to cuz last time I watched TV was at a buddies house, He had on FOX news, Never seen so much :bull: and propaganda in my life.
I looked at him and said " you beleve this manure"
He said What?
another lost sole :rotf:

Lol, got ready to watch it last night and the guy comes on and says, we're all about Elk but this week we go Turkey huntin! What!? So I had to wait and watch it this morning.

I dont even get that channel so I missed out :( Oh well I guess Ill live,but dang I wanted to see it too!!!!

Hi Black Hand,
I just got thru watching The Elk Country Journal episode entitled "Ancient Skills" showing the primitive side of life in the wilderness using Traditional Flintlocks and gear. I enjoyed the show very much. I don't know which one you were but you all deserve a big Thank you. That show should get an Emmy, or some appropriate award for that period of time. That show should be shown in schools to enlighten young people of today the difference in life styles.

Yagee :thumbsup:

BRUN said:
I dont even get that channel so I missed out :( Oh well I guess Ill live,but dang I wanted to see it too!!!!

Hay Bruin, Joe tapes it on a VHS for me (caveman TV) if you have a VCR PM me with your address and I will send it to you.
I will be in Florcent on the 18th for a primitive shoot and will pick up the tape then.

We had a great time doing the show! The thanks go to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and Barrett Productions as they made it possible for us to share our passion with the country.

I saw the show this morning,, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I liked it, It a shame that there are not more shows about the old ways...
I wish others would do some more shows on the old times.

Do you have any the informations on were the rifle can be bought and what price range their in....

WELL DONE! :applause: great show! i did the same as swampy,turned it last nite..turkeys!(real ones!) wishin that show were an hour longer! should be required watchin..fer youngins and oldens alike! again well done! an thank you fer doin it and sharin! :hatsoff: RC

The trade guns were from North Star West (http://www.northstarwest.com/), the Rifle was a Chambers "Mark Silver" (http://flintlocks.com/), and I think there were 2 French-style trade guns but I don't know where they were from.

according to the "menu thingy" it says it'll be on again sunday at 11:30 est..course there was turkeys onlast nite,but it's worth checkin on if ya missed it,,RC

It realy inhales deeply but we don't get that chanel in Canada, I dont think. If any one could point me in the right direction on this I would apreciate it. Regards Fisher King.

FISHER, ON my direct tv it's channel 608...the station is VS..used to be outdoors channel? hope that helps! RC

Nope, that's my friend Matt. I'm the one with the goatee and earrings.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show! Please feel free to express your thanks to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and Barrett productions (both in Missoula, MT), as they made it possible for us to share our passion with others. It never would have happened without either of them!

Latest posts

Back