• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting Bag?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad1043

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I got this off ebay... I don't know anything about it... It's probably a purse, but it was being used for a hunting bag... Anyone recognize it?

img3142p.jpg

img3147yf.jpg

Yep! Most definately a European shoulder bag, otherwise known as a woman's purse. I still use the same "possibles bag" I started this game with many many years ago, a flea market two dollar leather woman's purse. As the true old timers did, "If it works use it. If you've got it use it! " :hmm:

If you dump it out, and more stuff comes out than could ever possibly fit back in, it's a woman's purse. Bill

Looks like a hunting bag to me.......Just be sure it matches your boots when you go out! :rotf: :blah: Sorry i couldn't help myself :shake:

There's enough leather there to make some small projects, and a bunch of flint leathers. While it would work, you can certainly do better. My pouch for my .32 was a 2 compartment suede purse in a previous life. I replaced the strap with some webbing, and now it's form is just about perfect for it's function.

I’d say its a well made bag of some sort.
It looks like with the right color dye, along with properly stitched leather strap it would lend itself well as a fowlers bag that any upland hunter would be proud to own, or a rifle man sportsman . Then again I am partial to well made and properly stitched leather goods. As I believe not every mountain man, Frontiersman just threw couple pieces of leather together to come up with a possible bag . Of course there were plenty that did, but at the same time I also believe they took pride in their workmanship equal to the gun they carried..JMO.
Twice.

A yr. or 2 ago I went to a yard sale with a picket fence. On each picket there was a leather purse or pouch, 13 in all. I bought them all for 25 cents ea. 2 or 3 of them have worked out well as hunting pouches, mostly for smoothies. Neat thing was one turned out to be a German Nazi officers saddle bag that I sold for $150. Never know what you'll find at a yard sale.
Deadeye

I'd use it with pride. Good workmanship speaks for itself. You'll get the usual backslappers and knee jerkers, but you get it from them any time you don't do things THEIR way.

My wife wants to know how much you want for it?? :haha: Just kidding. I would use it , like they say, with pride!

I bought one a while back and I am aprehensive to hunt with it because it still smells of cosmetics? How do you get the smell out let my skunked cat roll on it?

Back