• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunt Year Wrap-up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I normally hunt a bit east of the American Legion State Forest, although that is a beautiful area. That deer was from the Nathan Hale forest.

Thanks Kapow;
She's a great shooter, but a bit on the heavy side as I said...when you start with a barrel that goes 7.5 pounds the gun ends up needing a Sherpa to lug it around. My kids are too smart to fall for that but the grandson is now 4, in a few years I can con him into carrying it for me :grin:
In case that doesn't work out I have a nice piece of Walnut I have been saving, gonna start carving it down in my free time and try for a much lighter version....

In all honesty, close up photos of bullet holes in dead critters and bloody knives do not do much for me.

Not as many bears as you are dealing with, although the coyotes have taken over. I wish the state would let us trappers on state property to land trap, its hard to get the yotes to step into spring holes and get their feet wet...really taking a toll on the deer!

Richard, I'm sorry if any of my photos offended you. I totally respect your opinion.

I grow, raise or harvest 90% of the food my family eats. Bullet holes and bloody knives are an honest part of that living. In my opinion, propped up, staged pictures of dead critters...hiding all of the blood and reality of the situation do nothing for me. I want to see the details so I can be a better hunter and effect faster more humane kills on the animals I harvest.

The knife pictures are a sort of tradition in my family, whenever someone has a successful hunt that is what gets sent to the others first...then you wait to get the details on the day to share!

Very nice VT hunter.

Looks like that knife earned a well deserved sharpening this year.

Is VT public land worth the trip, not sure how VT treats their public land far as forest mangement. This forever wild isn't whitetail friendly in the ctaskills and the adirondacks. I hunt public and private land in NY and in PA. I've been putting in the NH state Moose lottery for 4 years, but gave up on the VT one only 2 years in.

Every year I try to do an out of state trip, usually PA. Hunted very close to the Bennington VT are on the NY side for a few years.

VT is a great place to hunt, public land is getting harder hit as more and more people are now posting their land. That was not the case when I was growing up. Between my family's land and the neighbors I could walk all day and still be on good hunting land. Now unfortunately many of them have passed and I can't even take my kids to some of my favorite (and successful) stands. But I do love to scout and keep finding new "favorites". Lots of great remote hunting up in the Northeast Kingdom....big deer too!

Back