• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hudson Valley Fowlers Builders Nook

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
godutch, are you the gent i was speaking to about HVF at the boulton market faire in pa. ??
If I was the little 5'7" guy in native kit walking around with a 6'4" HVF and looking like an idiot, then yeah, that was me. That also would have been 20+ years ago. As a disclaimer, I was only carrying that because I'd brought it there to show L. Day and his boys since they were building the locks for me. And yes, I felt stupid doing it. :cool:

If I was the little 5'7" guy in native kit walking around with a 6'4" HVF and looking like an idiot, then yeah, that was me. That also would have been 20+ years ago. As a disclaimer, I was only carrying that because I'd brought it there to show L. Day and his boys since they were building the locks for me. And yes, I felt stupid doing it. :cool:
I ran into you at Ft. Frederick in 1999. Highly inspirational. I was really taken with your sturgeon business card. I took a buttload of orders for HVF guns at that event and delivered them all the following Ft Frederick. I had to buy a new truck to get them there as I only had a 5' bed on my old truck. 😆

Attachments

• 025_zpsaf9d9762.jpg
    025_zpsaf9d9762.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
That gun has a 72" barrel in 11 bore, with an 1 1/2 breech by Benny Coogle. The lock is a TRS Doglock. I sent the barrel to Fred Miller and told him to inlet it into the curliest piece of maple he could find. The gun weighs right at 11 3/4lbs.
I did get to blast some sitting ducks on a guy's private pond. 2oz of #4 shot....don't remember how much powder. Killed 4 with one shot. The owner of the pond said that it was the greatest thing he ever saw. It made me feel like a nifty 18th century market hunter. Very cool.
I'd love to build another one of those one day, I doubt I'll ever get to it.

I ran into you at Ft. Frederick in 1999. Highly inspirational. I was really taken with your sturgeon business card. I took a buttload of orders for HVF guns at that event and delivered them all the following Ft Frederick. I had to buy a new truck to get them there as I only had a 5' bed on my old truck. 😆
HVF's require an 8' bed. That needs to be factored into the build cost of the gun :) And I'm tickled that you got orders for some too. "Guess strolling around with one, lit the lightbulb for a few guys. Very cool.

what is the average cost of having one of these carbines built???
2 Shots, I just remembered, I think (?) Rich Pierce is building one or was going to a year of so ago. Maybe check with him, he knows his stuff. There are no doubt others I'm forgetting or not aware of. Maybe they'll chime in.

Latest posts

Back