• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A tale of a Palmetto 1855 Sidehammer "Root" Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really glad you are happy with the gun, and very impressed with the job you did fitting a loading lever latch! Very nice.

It is great to see that gun together and working... except for the broken trigger! I hope you will be able to make a new one. I have a lot of cheap, stamped steel wrenches that came with various tools and appliances over the years. Maybe something like that can be used to make a trigger. If you can't salvage the trigger spring, I have made many similar small flat springs (such as hand springs for Colt and Remington style revolvers) out of bobby pins. None of those improvised springs have ever failed.
One may also use the coil spring material from an old mower...recoil spring.

Great that you managed to get ahold of one of these beautiful pistols, they were always one of my favorites because of how interesting they looked.

I found a revolving rifle, which is out getting repaired because the timing was off. I shot it, but it scared the tar out of me thinking that if I'm not careful I could say goodbye to some of my fingers.

Attachments

• 20220513_184035_Momentaa.jpg
    20220513_184035_Momentaa.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 0
Back