• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hudson Valley canoe gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Brooks

Cannon
Reaction score
Hudson Valley Canoe Gun
Here's a REAL canoe gun. Or, a gun type that was really carried by small boat or canoe traveling from marsh to marsh shooting waterfowl......wonder why they didn't cut the barrels down to 20"? :hmm:

55 3/4 round 20 bore barrel by Ken Netting. Modified Davis jeager lock. Cherry stock. Goehring trigger guard cast from an original HVF. The rest of the mounts are formed from sheet brass. 7 3/4 lbs.

Swampy said:
Sweet! Dang thing weighs same as my 42" smoothy. :thumbsup:
yea, not a meaty barrel. 1 1/8" at the breech and tapers out in the first 6" or so. Pretty lively for a 6 1/2' long gun. Carries well too, you'd never guess it was as long as it is. Wish I would have had time to run a few loads of shot through it before I delivered it, I'll bet it shoots a super pattern. Finished it late last friday afternoon and it was in the owner's hands 7:30 Am Saturday.

Great stuff as always Mike.I gotta do one of them for some duck hunting,that would be cool :hatsoff:

Mitch Yates

Hi Mike. That is a great looking Hudson Valley long fowler! Love the architecture. And that nail treatment on the butt plate. Can't believe it ways less than 8-lbs. I'm sure your customer is mighty happy. Great work, as usual. :thumbsup:
Sounds like your customer couldn't wait to get his hands on it. :haha: I don't blame him. Rick.

Back