• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Hudson Bay Dag Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case you have other skeptics . Again Very Nice Blade.

Attachments

• IMG_6468.jpeg
    IMG_6468.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6469.jpeg
    IMG_6469.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6470.jpeg
    IMG_6470.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I supplied HB or Blackfoot dags in two sizes mostly to an Alberta customer made in Sheffield with my mark (As factor) . I was told they could be used as club blades or knives or spear points non sold with hilts but essensially same as Robert Sorby originals . Not an item I would think suited for bush trips the common trade skinners being all that's required .If I sometimes wore a 12" blade Dudgeon dagger if pigs in mind though it was mostly used to lift billies off the fire. a small bye knife being the most usefull and I think my useual addidion of a flat thin ' points' ? file built in with sheath not obtrusive but handy to sharpen an ax or cut the ubiquitous number 8 wire commonly found in our mountain huts in NZ.
Rudyard

Retired Disabled Veteran myself. You only have to buy it once!!
If I might weigh in a little, coming from the blacksmithing world… the amount of time it takes for produce a truly hand made item is never what anyone actually thinks about. Most guys are losing money on these sales. Time is valuable and these aren’t mass produced factory items from China. They take time, they take skill and all of that is expensive. I think your asking price is more than fair

If I might weigh in a little, coming from the blacksmithing world… the amount of time it takes for produce a truly hand made item is never what anyone actually thinks about. Most guys are losing money on these sales. Time is valuable and these aren’t mass produced factory items from China. They take time, they take skill and all of that is expensive. I think your asking price is more than fair
You are spot on!! I always look at Runewolf work, Tallpine for that matter as well, and feel they are priced very fair. As some one who also makes custom forged knives I am always trying to balance the time spent and price tag. It is challenging. But I have always felt that Runewolf is more than fair with his prices. Keep up the good work!! Best of luck selling this one!

I understand your position. No disrespect intended. For someone like me, retired military on a fixed income, $320.00 for a knife no matter who or what it's made. Is not reasonable. That's just me personally. Semper Fi.
You stated that very well and with courtesy. What we can, or are willing, to pay for something is a personal decision and need not reflect on the maker/seller.
Years back when we lived in the city my wife had a shop that sold hand made, functional pottery. Her potters had a harder time figuring out what to charge her than they did making the pottery.
You recently built a rifle for me. Of course I felt you wanted a fair price or I would not have proceeded with it. You did a beautiful job. I have been admiring and inspecting it almost daily. I know I did not steal it, but I sometimes think you priced your work too cheaply.
I have several of Tallpine's knives and a hawk. At times, the price was a struggle. But with the knives in hand? I do not regret the price of a single one of them.

What steel is the blade made from?

Is this knife meant as a display/collectors piece, or is it actually built for work?
Ask Runewolf about one of these. Hudson's Bay Camp Knife. Trust me, these knives are made to work!! Went out and tested mine today. It will take some tough use. A Very Worthy knife, and historically proper also!!!

Attachments

• received_840589613697330.jpeg
    received_840589613697330.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 0
Curious how one would wear this knife and secure it to your outfit? Historical examples? Your price on this beautifully made Dag is very competitive. It would be at least that much to have one made locally around my parts.

Curious how one would wear this knife and secure it to your outfit? Historical examples? Your price on this beautifully made Dag is very competitive. It would be at least that much to have one made locally around my parts.
I'm not 100% sure how they would have worn these. ALL I know is the historical examples I've seen have had that top loop. Thank you for the compliment!

Hello!

The following is my representation of a Hudson Bay Dag knife and it is now up for sale!! It is 13" long overall with a sharp, 7" double sided blade of 3/16" 1075 high carbon steel. It features a full tang with a black walnut handle that's been decorated with solid brass pins. The sheath is veg tanned leather lashed with hemp cord and features some tin cone jingles.

Asking $320 USD with shipping included to Canada and the US.

Military Veterans and First Responders will receive 15% off.

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 227286View attachment 227287View attachment 227288
Very nice !!

Back