• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How to get a really good portrait of a LONG rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonKenton

50 Cal.
Reaction score
My semi-famous (in rather small circles) Long Tall Sally has yet to have her picture taken. HOW do you get a GOOD detailed photo of a rifle with a 44" barrel that shows off the grain and modest (Sally's that kind of gal) iron furniture? If the name sounds weird I use rock 'n roll names for eastern 18th century guns and American Indian (feh on Graham Greene) names on Fur Trade guns. Thus Long Tall Sally, Jumpin' Jack Flash and so forth. Besides "Long Tall Sally, she's built real sweet....". Just ask Little Richard :hmm:

-Ray

Try two shots, 1/2 a rifle each and then one shot of the whole thing so we can visually put it together.

Haven't tried it, but most fish eye's will warp the image. I'd rather have two photos and put them together than one with a barrel bent into a semi-circle.

If you are looking for a professional type of photo or a "nice photo" then there are a couple of ways to do it.
It depends on what you have to take the photo or do you want a pro taking the photo. No matter what a wide angle lense should be used, around a 17mm-19mm also a tripod to get the sharpest photo. Then some type of lighting to bring out what you want to see in the rifle. There are many options that you can use it depends on what you want the final picture to look like. :thumbsup:

I don't think he was a pirate in the true sense of the word. Cape Girardeau, MO was named after Jean Girardot, a french army soldier who ended up building a trading post here overlooking the Mississippi River from what is now Cape Rock park at the northern end of town. Maybe some thought his prices were piracy but that would be pure speculation. This was in about the 1750's believe it or not! The town was later founded in 1792 by Louis Lorimer who had Spanish land grants and the town took it's name from the mis-spelling of Girardot and is pronounced, Jer R doe. In 1803 Lewis and Clark stopped here on their way upriver and visited with Louis Lorimer. Lorimer's house is now reconstructed near it's original site by the river. This local history is what tempts me to tie in to the F&I War era with my persona ( hard to do and live as far west as I do). Hope this didn't bore you too bad. Thanks for asking, I like talking about our local history!

I don't know but you (Simon Kenton) camped, hunted, and trapped in my backyard!

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

As my persona goes yea real recently ya cad!!! :blah: :blah: :youcrazy: :blah: :blah:

YMH&OS, :blah:
Chuck

Latest posts

Back