• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtramad

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
I'm an aircraft mechanic from Norway and I've recently developed an intrest in muzzleloaders. As I've gotten older I've begun to see the artistic beauty of these handcrafted firearms. An AK-47 or UZI is still beautiful in a mechanical sort of way, but as you get older your taste matures. It's like moving on from burgers to gourmet cooking.
I've built guns before and am thinking of making custom muzzleloaders as a hobby. Maybe even make some money from it in the long run. I've got a flintlock project going that I plan post when I get a little longer in the process.

Welcome Xtramad...I just sat down by the fire a few days ago. Lots of friendly folks around here.

Hope you do well with your 'project'. What specific types of front stuffers are you gonna make?

Voyageur

I have a thread going at the Home gunsmithing forum to show my progress, so I'll refrain from posting it here too. It would be kinda pointless to post it two different places.
I plan to build scandinavian style muzzle loaders, mainly flintlocks, but later I might try my hand at a wheellock or matchlock.

This is as far as I've got to now on the flintlock.
Fremdrift_20.jpg
Fremdrift_23.jpg

Fremdrift_24.jpg

Having to make some obsolete gun parts like that myself I can appreciate all the file work you're doing as well as the original layout.

While I really want to see your finished flintlock I am equally, or moreso, interested in the matchlock or any other you put together. Keep the images coming.

Voyageur

Latest posts

Back