• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Aus

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Licespray

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals.

Little introduction: I’m Troy from Australia. Not much experience with muzzleloading. I’ve got a Dikar “Missouri” .50 but I can’t get it to group and only had 10 or so balls. So got a few hundred coming in a couple weeks and then I’ll try some suggestions from people to try and get it to shoot. My goals to use only black powder this year. First deer will hopefully be this year also, but if depending on conditions it may be with a cartridge gun (if can’t get one close enough).

Cheers,
Troy.

Well three rousing choruses of "Waltzing Matilda" Queensland version of course. Up Cooktown or a Station or maybee Wiepa mine ? Ime in NZ. But I spent time In Qld .Used to work with a bloke on Coolan Island (WA)who would say "Bugger the world ,I'me going back to Queensland !

" Told jokes about a reprobate who was allways up before the beak .Who got alarmed by his long list of offending . & demanded " He got a job!" . Our wag replied " But I've got a job , Ime ring barking " . Judge says "That good news, where are you working ?" . Our wag replied "One tree hill". Gavel bangs down .Exit to familiar Hotel/Pokey goes our Wag.

As for rifles you tend to get what you pay for and the cheaper offerings rarely match the higher price item rather goes without saying. I made guns that went to Australia but Ime out of touch with what's going there now . apart from each state doing its best to be more anti gun than the others for no logical reason just Bastardy. We got one now same tactics. But you can allway use jumper bits I've done that before today .
Regards Rudyard

Welcome Troy, New here myself, still in the process
of buying my first ML.
Gary
Well mate keep an eye out real bargains do turn up.
Cleaver had a couple of basically new Pedersoli's that sold for under AUD400. I got the Kentucky lock rock :)
I also got a pretty beat up, but cleaning up well, CVA mtn rifle for AUD300.
Actually the Antiques arms auction is on in MLB in May they often have repros real cheap as well.
Or if you have the dosh there is a GRRW Hawken floating for about AUD2800

No one turns a better tale than Rudyard.
Welcome to all new members!
I love it when a group of Australians chime in on a string, I understand damned little, but it's always fun.

Hey Oldbloke
did you get a muzzleloader before they banned firearms sales?
No mate, Can't get PTA till backlog runs down, could
be months. Got another gun sitting at LGS waiting to be picked up, already have PTA for it OK'ed.
Ordered powder and primers to pick up and that's sitting in limbo also.
Keep safe fella's.

Gary

Thank you for the compliment Baxter. .I over landed out to Ceylon & onto Australia in 1966 .landed at Freemantle with 3 pounds & a big smile , had to sleep up by the canons in Kings park .But I made out and learned to talk 'Strine' and got to understand such coloquilasims as " Yer bloods worth bottleing & labelling lolly water ", "She s apples" and being "Pushed for a quid" and there where" tin cints " bus tickets. .After 6 months at Dampier building houses for an Iron ore port and a peg on my nose I could speak it fairly well . I hav'nt been' On every track from the gulf & back' but I did cover a lot of it .My favourite town being Echuca being into steam river boats .& fired most all of them .Good people if useless Govt bods and negative cops . Being a swagger I seemed fair game for the latter .I once bought some steam machinery from a nephew of Ned Kelly he was 90 but spoke of "Uncle Ned" . Though I could never bring up my study of that family . .Then walking through Bennalla to hire a low loader one sarky' trap ' stops & asks "Where do you live ?.Main St Bennalla !" quite uncalled for .Sure I had a swag it was my style .But Never had that stuff in the US even if they asked politley over a riot gun (Slight difficulty in a marshalling yard in Whitefish Montana). There not all bad the Sherriff of Wangeratta bought a flint longrifle after Shroyer of my make . Anyway slightly off topic just thought Baxter would like it .
Regard s Rudyard

Thank you for the compliment Baxter. .I over landed out to Ceylon & onto Australia in 1966 .landed at Freemantle with 3 pounds & a big smile , had to sleep up by the canons in Kings park .But I made out and learned to talk 'Strine' and got to understand such coloquilasims as " Yer bloods worth bottleing & labelling lolly water ", "She s apples" and being "Pushed for a quid" and there where" tin cints " bus tickets. .After 6 months at Dampier building houses for an Iron ore port and a peg on my nose I could speak it fairly well . I hav'nt been' On every track from the gulf & back' but I did cover a lot of it .My favourite town being Echuca being into steam river boats .& fired most all of them .Good people if useless Govt bods and negative cops . Being a swagger I seemed fair game for the latter .I once bought some steam machinery from a nephew of Ned Kelly he was 90 but spoke of "Uncle Ned" . Though I could never bring up my study of that family . .Then walking through Bennalla to hire a low loader one sarky' trap ' stops & asks "Where do you live ?.Main St Bennalla !" quite uncalled for .Sure I had a swag it was my style .But Never had that stuff in the US even if they asked politley over a riot gun (Slight difficulty in a marshalling yard in Whitefish Montana). There not all bad the Sherriff of Wangeratta bought a flint longrifle after Shroyer of my make . Anyway slightly off topic just thought Baxter would like it .
Regard s Rudyard
WELL Stone the crows! If that ain't as ocker as Vegemite I'll eat the *&^%$ out of a low flying duck.
We are busier than a 1 armed bricklayer in Baghdad here. You might say "flat out like a lizard drinkin". The bloody pollies have banned buyin guns, ammo, and the maekins. Damn good thing I got a *&&^load. So been casting pills and tidying up a couple smokepoles. Just about finished sorting out a CVA Mtn rifle some Wallie decided to chrome. And waiting to get some Iron Nitrate to do a stock on a Kentucky.
Well catcha! I am gunna make like a tree and leave

Back