• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help finding stock for 1766 charleville

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirAndrewTheMad

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm hoping someone in this forum might be able to help. Long story short, I have the lock and barrel (and all the other metal parts) from a Navy Arms 1766 Charleville musket. I cannot for the life of me find a replacement stock. I've had one lead, and it was a custom order of a stock from Pedersoli from DGW for $500 plus shipping. Any one have any other suggestions? I suppose if it comes to it, I can save up and bite the bullet with that stock, but it sure seemed awful steep to me, especially when a new complete India made musket can be had for just a couple hundred more...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Get a blank and carve a new stock. It will make that $500 look pretty cheap. Navy Arms parts are not likely to fit in a Pedersoli stock anyway. Best way to go is to get a whole new gun from Pedersoli and leave the India made stuff behind.

Back