• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from WV

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatonka

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all, I hail from southern WV, along the border with VA. I am a history fanatic and collect antique Kentuckies, knives, tomahawks, etc. In the past few years I have gotten into contemporary items and recently acquired a custom flintlock rifle. I have done some modern-muzzleloader hunting in the past, but that is about the extent of my muzzleloading experience. I am going out to shoot my new flintlock today, so hopefully all goes well.

Howdy Tatonka, from Central PA. Used to be crew on Coal Trains working out of Waynesburg PA, going down to the West Virginia mines. Pull up a Log, and tell us about your Rifle...

Eric

ps - No shootin' here today - still under Irenes Petticoats...

I happen to be in one of the only WV counties where there are no coal mines. Nor are there any train tracks in my county. Nor are there any stop lights or blinking lights.

It was windy yesterday due to Irene, but absolutely gorgeous today. I finally shot my new rifle. It was great. I consistently was able to hit a half gallon milk jug at about 50 yards free-hand.

The rifle is an early Virginia style Iron mounted rifle with a gorgeous curly maple stock. It was made by Lowell Haarer out of Virginia. It is 50 caliber and has a Colerian barrell, slightly swamped, a siler lock and davis set triggers.

Welcome Tatonka. You will find anything you need to know about what we do here. Heck I've been tinkering with muzzloaders since the mid 70's and I still learn something all the time. Plus this place is a good one for sparking your interest in other facets of muzzleloading.

What county?

Bob

Howdy. Good to see another Mt'eer! I live in Summers Co. and we have 3 shoots a year at the local club I belong to. The next one is Sept.17th. at 9AM. Send me a PM if your are intrested and I will give you the details and directions. Leatherbark shoots with us. Dan.

Tatonka,

I'm in Wetzel county. Glad to see another hillbilly. Haven't been around much but that may change.

Rich

Welcome! I ride motorcycle in your state quite often but I haven't gotten that far south yet.

Bill,

So you ride in either Brooke Hancock or Marshall counties of the northern panhandle. Wetzel is the next one down. It starts at the Mason Dixon line.

Rich

Back