• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Tuttle

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm brand spankin new to muzzle loading. A mere babe in the woods so to speak. I have probably about 40yrs. experience with modern rifles but this is all new to me. I look forward to my new endevoure as well as learning all I can on this forum and hopefully making a friend or two along the way. Rick Tuttle

Welcome Rick. What are you shooting and where. I shoot over at the Quail Creek Range on 35-W at FM 1171. Good range that is accomodating to ML. Don.

I also just joined today. Also from Texas. I have a friend who introduced me to muzzleloading and need to learn a lot I'm sure.

Welcome to the MLF Rick! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here on the site 24/7. Pull up a stump and share a tale or two with us and contribute when you can.

I have a Traditions 50 cal. Hawken I just bought last week. I do most of my range shooting at Alpine. Thanks for the welcome.

Seems there are more Texans on the site then I thought . You must shoot at the range on rt.90 just past the chinesew rest? :hmm: I live in Valentinee , just up the road a piece. :grin:
Are you going to attend the Rondy at Ft. Davis Sept. 24thru the 26th ? If your interested , shoot me an e-mail or PM and we can do a little shooting together ? :thumbsup: That offer goes out to any one in the area ! :hatsoff:

Rick T,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you sign on!
Lots of friendly and informative folks here.
If you have questions,the answers are here.
Don't forget about the SEARCH feature of the
forum....Lots of information in the MLF archives.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Actually guys, Alpine is a gun range in Southeast Ft. Worth. But it would sure be fun to hook up and shoot with some fellow muzzle loaders sometime.

Welcome to the Forum - I summer in SD - but about a week away from heading back to central Texas. :thumbsup:

Rick, my best friend lives in Mesquite, my dad lives in the woods in Montague county, where we have our deer camp. My friend and I are going old school this year, I'm using my 58 cal musktetoon and he his 54 cal T/C Hawken, gonna smoke out some deer meat this fall. He killed a real nice buck there last yr, I'm jealous and gonna out do him this time.

If you wanna meet sometime and shoot lemme know.
Eterry

Welcome from a displaced West Texan. For us, Alpine is beyond Ft. Davis, not in Ft. Worth! LOL

I too, have just joined and spend my time reading the various postings to try and learn something. Do not have a ML firearm as of yet so am an armchair participant! One o these day!

enjoy the forum. I do!

Back