• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from St. Louis

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadmos

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just checking in to say hi.

Wife never would let me have black powder in the house, neither would my parents. Always had guns though. Well, the wife is gone, so I figure I finally get to try it out.

Cold weather and far away ranges has kept me in and from shooting but picked up some toys at the last couple gun shows

Navy arms 51 Navy
CVA Mountain pistol, which came with a free but rather rough "twister" 2 barrel pistol that I'm cleaning up.
And a little Spanish 45 Philadelphia Derringer that was the cute little thing that started this mess when I stumbled on it at a show a month or so back.

Probably under $300 for the 4 guns, and I seem to be up at Cabelas or Bass Pro once a week or so picking up more stuff.

Feel like a kid again (36) waiting on spring (or a reasonable close approximation) so I can go try these out.

I'll probably start another thread asking how to load these things and advice on how not to bllow myself up

Cheers.

Hello and welcome. Good to see you get into the black powder guns. Loads of fun (pun intended).

WELCOME ABOARD!!!! Great to see another one from the show-me-state you came to the right place every body is very helpfull here ENJOY :hatsoff:
neal(50 cal)

Welcome.....I am only about a half hour from you and I definately have room to shoot.....hit me up and lets burn some powder.

Welcome to the MLF Kadmos! Lots of great friendly knowlegable folks here on the forum. Glad to hear the BB bug infected another one.

Thanks for the offer Craftwelder, maybe I'll take you up on it once it warms up a touch.

Grenadier, I happen to be in south city myself.

Thanks for the welcome all. :hatsoff:

Welcome to muzzleloading, Kadmos, and to the forum. You'll find all the help you need here.
Jon

Welcome to the black powder addiction. I started on this treck in 1968 and still am thrilled to touch off a black powder gun. What is really great is that I do black powder demo's. for the BLM, twice a week three shows a day. Hang in there it only gets better.

Latest posts

Back