• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Pennsylvania

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apfelkorn

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello all, Just joined. Been muzzleloading hunting on and off since 1991. Haven't gottin a deer with the ol' smokepole yet,but I'm still trying.Mine is a Thompson Center Hawken flintlock.

Welcome welcome, apfelkorn

every thing you need is here dont hesitate to ask. Someone will have or get you the answers.

apfelkorn,
Welcome to the MLF glad to have you with us. Great folks and information here....
I am surpised hunting that long in PA. that you
have not harvested a deer.
I think PA is the leading state in members
here at the forum. Go to the hunting forum and
see where those members are hunting..It mite help
in your hunts. Sorry to all for getting off topic.
snake-eyes :)

Hello snake eyes
I have harvested many deer in Pa over the years. I just never shot one with my muzzleloader. I took a shot at one about 5 years ago,but I missed.

Hello and welcome.
This site has more info than you can imagine.
The search feature is great check it out.

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Hey Snake Eyes:

Just joined the site myself last night. Found it from a referal on another site that I frequent.
Been hunting smoke poles for about 25 years and there are deer here but they all have calenders and good hiding places.
Been competeing for about 20 years and been a muzzleloader gunsmith for about 18 years.The last outfit I was associated with was the Free Trappers from Muncy that I helped reorganize in 1985 after they disbanned from Watsontown.

apfelkorn said:
I have harvested many deer in Pa over the years. I just never shot one with my muzzleloader.

Welcome to the forum from the Lehigh Valley! This is my second year trying with the flintlock. The only day I went out with a centerfire (.45-70) gun this year was the day I connected with a doe. Well, still have some more time this month to try. Good luck to ya!

Back