• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Nj

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint103

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but not to muzzleloading or reenacting. I have been away from this hobby for too long and now the interest has been rekindled and will pursue this a little more ferverently. Years ago I built a scratch .45 percussion for my son and now wish to build a 36 caliber fllinter for squirell hunting this fall. Looking forward to meeting you all on the forums.

Welcome back Brownie. Have a seat, & don't sweat the protocol...jes' tell us what you're up to...

Eric

PS - the New Jersey Militia, and notably their Riflemen, proved to be the exception to those who generically depricate the Continental Militia...

Eric

Welcome to the MLF Cliff! Glad you found our camp and good to hear you have rekindled you BP interests. Once its in the blood you never get rid of it. Pull up a stump and join us at the fire.

Welcome back to the world of black powder and smoke. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing you hit your target once the smoke clears.

Hey Brown, welcome to the forum.

Here's a shot in the dark (pun intended) question for you....have you ever been to the BP only shooting range near Clinton, just off I78 around exit 12? Been passing by there for years and have always wondered what it's like...Mick

:hatsoff: :thumbsup: Welcome to the forum Cliff,good ta have ya here.Griz

Welcome Cliff!

I'm a member of (3) NJ Clubs that use the Holy Black. One of 'em is having a Novelty Shoot for both rifles & pistols this Sunday, July 3rd! Wanna get some smoke on yer face? Come and watch for free or shoot for a small fee, your choice!

Go to www.oldbridgerifle.com and click on the newsletter to see the Club Calendar after you scroll-down a little. This Club is in central NJ within minutes of Rt.9, 18, 287, 440, NJTP, GSP. Really nice folks that are laid-back and beginner-friendly, so don't worry about having a little rust to chip-off!

Again, welcome to the forum, and ENJOY!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Mick, I am 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours away from Clinton. I am located at the Jersey shore and most of my shooting is at the Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol club in Jackson. So I am not familiar with the range in Clinton. If anyone here wants to have some company shooting BP in my area give me a hollar and we will see what we can arrange.

Dave, sorry I did not get back any sooner. Tomorrow is the 3rd and pending any family get togeather I may take you up on this kind offer. It will be great to get around like minded people and be able to shoot BP with. Will be checking out the oldbridge web site real quick. With some luck maybe there will be some old timers that I use to reenact with there. Thanks

I have a couple friends in the central jersey r&p club.I lived in Flemington till retireing here in ny five yrs ago.Griz

brown said:
Dave, sorry I did not get back any sooner. Tomorrow is the 3rd and pending any family get togeather I may take you up on this kind offer. It will be great to get around like minded people and be able to shoot BP with. Will be checking out the oldbridge web site real quick. With some luck maybe there will be some old timers that I use to reenact with there. Thanks

Cliff,

Let me know if you plan on making it to the Match tomorrow (Sunday). And IF you need any directions. The OBDOGS web site (for the IDPA League we sponsor also) has the GPS coordinates for the outdoor range: www.obdogs.com . We'll be shooting black powder firearms (only) on Range #7, which is the range to the far right as you come to the end of the driveway.

The fun starts at 9:00 am sharp for pistols, and then continues with rifles when the pistols are finished. Tomorrow's Match is supposed to be a Novelty/Fun Match, so we never quite know what we'll be shootin' at, including maybe some exploding targets! YEEHAAAAW!!

See ya then!

Dave

Dave, looks like I will be attending the BP match. If you could supply directions that would be a big help. I dont think my gps will accept coordinates. I will be the bald headed guy with a white gotee and shooting a 54 flinter. I havent fired it in a few years but hit or miss Im sure it will be great fun.

Cliff

brown said:
Dave, looks like I will be attending the BP match. If you could supply directions that would be a big help. I dont think my gps will accept coordinates. I will be the bald headed guy with a white gotee and shooting a 54 flinter. I havent fired it in a few years but hit or miss Im sure it will be great fun.

Cliff

Cliff,

I sent you an email with more info, including my phone number. Please call me if you need anything. Remember to go to the club web site: www.oldbridgerifle.com and click on directions to get to the Outdoor Range complex.

Glad to hear you're coming. I know you'll enjoy yourself, as we're a nice bunch!

I'll be the guy wearing two Horse Pistols and a big smile, LOL!

See ya in the AM!

Dave

Dave, Thanks for the invite on Sunday. I had a good time in spite of the rain. You have a bunch of friendly people there that makes it that way. I will try to be there next month. See you at Dixons.

brown said:
Dave, Thanks for the invite on Sunday. I had a good time in spite of the rain. You have a bunch of friendly people there that makes it that way. I will try to be there next month. See you at Dixons.

Cliff,

Pleasure having you! Glad to have shot with a flinter in the pouring rain. You're welcome any time. Hopefully next we meet it will be a little dryer :haha: .

Beautiful rifle BTW; if it wasn't so lousy out I would have asked for a chance to examine it for its beauty and maybe even shoot it :thumbsup:

Stay in touch, as more & better things will follow. I do a Rondy with another group further North on Columbus Day weekend.

Dave

Dave, your welcome to try my rifle any time. I am considering getting back into rendezvou myself. I have all the equipment needed. i miss the woods walks, the hawk competetions and the partying with friends in the evening. Meanwhile my search for a 36 flinter contiues. Cheers

Back