• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Kentucky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbarnes66

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. While I bought an in-line ML several years ago just to be able to do more deer hunting, I just recently became more interested in getting back to my KY heritage. I have just started putting together a Pedersoli flint KY pistol and will follow that with the matching rifle. If all goes well, I would like to build one from the ground up. I'm sure I'll be looking at all the posts for hints and asking for help. Thanks in advance.

You're welcome in advance. We're always delighted when someone comes over from the "dark side" and joins us in the light.

(I had one once too, :shake: but I sold it to a kid for money to buy parts for a real one) :v

welcome to the forum. you will never miss that thing once you start playing with flint and black powder

:hatsoff: :thumbsup: Howdy,and good luck in your quest to build one from the ground up.Have fun and enjoy the journey.Griz

welcome from a fellow kentuckian. sounds like you know where you want to go. good help on these forums. good luck to you

Great to see a fellow Kentuckian re-discovering history. Welcome to the forum. I am on the same journey, but I'm a couple of years ahead of you.

Back