• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from CT.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyh

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, I am a target shooter and hunter both long guns and handguns. I have a Brown Bess that I have owned for about 50 years. She comes out of the safe for maintenance few times a year. I look forward to reading and learning more on your site.

Thanks for the welcomes. I enjoy the info on this site. Ridgefield is the town.

Welcome neighbor. There are a few shoots here in ct area coming up you may be interested in. There is a ct thread on here as well. Pm me for details

Welcome neighbor. There are a few shoots here in ct area coming up you may be interested in. There is a ct thread on here as well. Pm me for details
I have never fired this gun. I am worried I might damage something. It's over 200 years old. I do shoot trap and handgun so I have shooting fun.

I have never fired this gun. I am worried I might damage something. It's over 200 years old. I do shoot trap and handgun so I have shooting fun.
I shoot my William Moore SxS 12 bore. Even up to a square 70 grain load. It's from the mid 1800s. I read on here what to look for. Then for peace of mind took it to a black powder gunsmith I trust.
After a thorough exam showing it sound, I'd not be worried about shooting light loads in it.... AFTER a qualified black powder Smith exams it.

I shoot my William Moore SxS 12 bore. Even up to a square 70 grain load. It's from the mid 1800s. I read on here what to look for. Then for peace of mind took it to a black powder gunsmith I trust.
After a thorough exam showing it sound, I'd not be worried about shooting light loads in it.... AFTER a qualified black powder Smith exams it.

My gun is a British officers gun. It has dings and wear but in amazing condition. Several pros have seen it and authenticated it. It's fine in the safe. I shoot a 80 year old 357 Black Hawk and a Winchester model 12 thats 103 years old both minty.

Welcome to The Muzzleloader Forum from a man in Michigan. Spammer Reporting by Loyaltiest Dave very top of Classifieds. Steve
My mother is from the great state of Michigan. Nice folks in the midwest.

Latest posts

Back