• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Heavy-handed modding? Or what?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dear Mods - You have pulled my post because you say that I was discussing cartridge conversions.

At no time did I mention converting a percussion revolver into a cartridge-firing revolver.

My whole point was that they had simply converted a perfectly adequate $350 percussion revolver into $1000 percussion revolver with no clear advantage.

How was this wrong?

Dear Mods - You have pulled my post because you say that I was discussing cartridge conversions.

At no time did I mention converting a percussion revolver into a cartridge-firing revolver.

My whole point was that they had simply converted a perfectly adequate $350 percussion revolver into $1000 percussion revolver with no clear advantage.

How was this wrong?
I completely agree with you Tac. I read the item and your post. No mention of cartridge at all. Maybe the nitro?

How was this wrong?

The reason your topic was removed is because the pistol in the link uses a cylinder conversion that changes the gun from a historically correct black powder pistol, into a smokeless powder cap and ball pistol that is fired with modern #209 shotgun primers.

Although the cylinder conversion is not the same as the historically correct, real "conversion" cylinder pistol that changed the gun into a cartridge firing pistol, the only real difference is this newly made gun does not use modern metallic cartridges in the chambers.

With this conversion, the gun in the link reminds me of the modern, in-line guns we don't talk about on the forum. I could have removed the link but in doing so, the entire topic would not make any sense to anyone who read it, so I removed the topic.

By the way, in my opinion, the open forums are not the place to discuss issues like this one. Use the "Conversation" method of voicing your thoughts to the moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back