• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hazmat shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lead Chucker

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the shipping of powder... I'm sure someone here can clarify for me.

Hazardous Materials Notice: ID may be required at delivery for proof of age. In
the event that the package is not delivered after 3 attempts or refused, I will
be responsible for all associated shipping charges including Haz Mat fee.

Does that mean that I, as the purchaser, need to be home to receive delivery, or can anyone of age receive delivery.

Thanks,
Paul

Anyone of age. However, every time I have had BP delivered the UPS guy has just left it on my doorstep.

HD

My UPS guy not only left my powder on the porch, but the last 2 C&R rifles I bought were also left there. I was home when he left the Garand and heard him, but he was gone before I could open the door.

Jim

Yep, they just leave stuff on my porch too. That makes me nervous so I started having everything I order shipped to my work address. Even if stuff comes on my day off, somebody will be there, at least it ain't sittin' on my porch unattended for hours...

I apologize for getting off the subject a little bit but I had a handgun delivered to my FFL guy last fall. When I checked the tracking number with Fed-Ex it showed it was delivered. So I called my guy and he said he didn't have it. The short version is he finally went outside and found the box. Fed-Ex had tossed the package over his 3' high wire dog fence into his front yard. You can bet Fed-Ex heard about that one.

I recieved a Garand from the DCM (tells you how long ago)> It was sent US mail. And was left on my neighbors porch. When I got home he called and said I had a package. He asked what it was I told him. He immediately wanted to see if it was like the one he used in Korea. Of course it was. I then took him out to see if he remembered how to shoot it. He did. Kind of felt like I owed him a little of my time and ammo.

Huntin Dawg said:
Anyone of age. However, every time I have had BP delivered the UPS guy has just left it on my doorstep.

HD

Same here, never had to sign for it.

Latest posts

Back