• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Hawkeye" TV Series

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeChapin

58 Cal.
Reaction score
How many people remember the old syndicated series "Hawkeye"? It came out a year or so after "Last of the Mohigans".

It only ran about three or four years about seven or eight years ago. It starred Lee Horsley and Rodney Grant. I think the executive producer was Lee Horsley. Casting Rodney Grant as Chingakuk was a bit of a puzzle. As much as I like Rodney Grant he was definitly too young for the part.

As I remember the series they seemed to try to get the time period right. There were some boo-boos here and there but it looked as if they were trying.

Much more so than the old fifties series with Lex Barker and Lon Cheney Jr..

Wow, I didn't think that it ran that long. I only remember a few episodes then I thought it was canceled.

I never saw it (nor heard about it until this thread), but a quick Google search reveals it first aired in September of 1994 and was canceled in May of 1995.

There you go...

Bruce

I never saw it (nor heard about it until this thread), but a quick Google search reveals it first aired in September of 1994 and was canceled in May of 1995.

There you go...

Bruce

Seemed like it ran for a couple of years but the station it was running on may have split it between seasons. I just remember that I was disappointed when it disappeared. :(

I do seem to remember Steve Forrest in something that didn't last too long. Must have caught it channel surfing but never found it again.

I do remember the Lex Barker(?) and Lon Cheney Jr. series when I was a kid. They were always fighting the Hurons. You could always tell the good indians from the bad on that series because the good indians had long hair and the bad ones had roach cuts. :)

How could you forget to mention Linda Carter????

Get-er-done...

hawk03.gif

Got curious and decided to look to see if I could find the series on DVD. Suprisingly the earlier series with Lon Cheney is on DVD. I was wrong about Lex Barker being Mr. Bummpo. It was John Hart. I guess he played Jack Armstrong - All American Boy before this role.

Anyway they have both seasons of it on DVD.

Found the first episode and one other on tape of the Lee Horsley series on Amazon.

Latest posts

Back