• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Haversack with Folk Art Bird and Tree

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Haversack with Bark Tanned Flap and Folk Art Bird and Tree Motif

A new haversack style/forage bag I handmade, “inspired” by the late 18th and early 19th century hunting accoutrement and decorated with hand painted artwork. The bag is made from a beautiful colonial period blue wool material and fully lined with a double interior pocket. All hand-stitching done with natural linen and hemp beeswaxed thread. The flap is a bark tanned leather with a hand painted folk art Bird and Tree motif.
The bag measure size 9x11 with a 48” strap.
This would make a wonderful addition for anyone into Muzzleloading…hunting…reenacting...or as a beautiful wall hanging decor.
Free shipping
$80

https://davehaslerart.com/shop/ols/...-tanned-flap-and-folk-art-bird-and-tree-motif

Attachments

• IMG_3657.jpeg
    IMG_3657.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3658.jpeg
    IMG_3658.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3659.jpeg
    IMG_3659.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3660.jpeg
    IMG_3660.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3661.jpeg
    IMG_3661.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Just curious, how do you choose the dates you put on these and why? I like these a lot but wonder how they will hold up as an everyday hunting bag with all the metal tools, flints, etc in there. Do you make an all leather bag?

These are haversacks made to carry food… extra socks… personal items etc. Not made to carry shooting supplies.
I have sold 150+ haversacks to many guys who hunt.
Many dates are related to the subject matter… some just reflect a certain period.
I don’t make leather shooting bags… there are an abundance of people who do those.
I tend to lean heavy in the art side.

Thanks for the answers. I’m very new to all of this and thought haversacks were just cloth hunting bags, now I know better.

No worries….
Hunting bags were leather on worn usually on the right hip with the horn.
Left side was the haversack … cloth like canvas or wool. Military used them as did civilians when traveling or hunting.
Here’s some pics of my inventory I’m taking to the big CLA show next month.

Attachments

• IMG_3547.jpeg
    IMG_3547.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3548.jpeg
    IMG_3548.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3549.jpeg
    IMG_3549.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3551.jpeg
    IMG_3551.jpeg