• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hammer double barrell combination shotgun rifle muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I give as good as I get, and I could tell that you very familiar with this kind of gun. OP is you - the Original Poster, and I thought that perhaps you were not in the USA [I'm not] because of your syntax and use of the English language structure - no real use of the positive article, for instance. As a polygIot I tend to pick up on that very quickly, so forgive me if I am wrong.
Polyglot.
I had that once. Awful rash but the cream fixed it. Ask your GP đź‘Ť

thank you,,i offered to do this but my buddy says he's going to.. we'll see. he moves slow. I would love tofind any marking!!
Maybe he can take some pictures and email them to you... or better yet get him to join this forum and add info as needed.

Polyglot.
That's what I love about this forum, learn something new almost every day(had to google that).

I've been following this thread for a while and waiting for photos. View attachment 54353As Pietro indicated, proofmarks on the bottom of the barrels of this percussion gun will show whether it is European manufacture. Note that MANY of this type gun were made in the US, especially in New York State such as this one:
as stated there are no proof marks unless theyre under the forearm hidden thanks

I've been following this thread for a while and waiting for photos. View attachment 54353As Pietro indicated, proofmarks on the bottom of the barrels of this percussion gun will show whether it is European manufacture. Note that MANY of this type gun were made in the US, especially in New York State such as this one:

This has been extremely helpful to me as well as i have just acquired one of these guns as well that looks just like the one shown in these pictures minus the patchbox and the nosecap is brass instead of pewter. the shotgun is on the left and the rifle on the right. is there much of a value to these type of firearms?

Value? Depending on ones perspective, all guns have some value. Whether collectible, a shooter, or even a wallhanger. Value can be sentimental, historical or financial.

If financial is your question, then value will depend on numerous factors including, but not limited to, overall condition, rarity, and ultimately what someone will pay for it.

Personally I favor shooters and sentimental value.

Back