• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Guest day over here...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today was one of our monthly weekend guest-days, where club members can bring along a friend for the day and let them shoot anything they care to have a go at, with one exception, that is.

I had an American pal as my guest, and although there is no need to a pay red cent - it's a guest day after all - he pays his way by bringing Maryland chocolate chip cookies and other hard to get necessaries.

Not only did he seem to enjoy himself greatly - he's a flintlock shooter on this very forum, BTW - but twelve other people who had never fired a muzzle-loader in their lives got to shoot my old .58 Parker-Hale Musketoon with some 'borrowed' BP and a real-live Minié ball.

There was not a single one them who did not have a face-splitting grin after touching it off.

Quite right, too. :thumbsup:

tac

Shooting these type of guns does bring out the smiles in one.
Hope they keep shooting and smiling.
That is a great day when you can invite people to shoot and watch their reactions. :thumbsup:

Rifleman1776 said:
Those must have been really great cookies. :wink: :haha:

Actually, glad y'all had a great time.
The ml fraternity is a good family.

Yup they surely were, as I got outside a few of 'em later this afternoon with a pint or two of coffee.

Here's the vid of me doing the biz -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvCsmZPBUPY&feature=feedu

All the best

tac

Last edited by a moderator:
Waterman said:
More fun than the law allows. I'm still smiling!

Cheers, Bill

Last of the cookies disappeared down the throat of mrs tac's 'pilates buddy' less than ten minutes syne.

Next sunday shoot is in Jan, BTW. :thumbsup:

Best

tac

I've had a chance to take four shooting newcomers
to the range this year, modern weapons and the good stuff. They all had a great time but NOTHING matched the smiles and enthusiasm they had when shooting black powder.

I often take an old 40 cal. Dixie Cub when I go to the range. More than once a youngster shooting with their dad became intrigued by my MLs and wanted to try it. The Dixie Cub, loaded to a comfortable level, lets them use a ML that fits them. Smiles and laughter on everyones faces. It's great! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back