• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Washingto

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I was about 11, my father taught me how to make gunpowder (just the ingredients and percentages - not including powder milling, etc.) I also had a Hubley toy pirate pistol. When it broke, I took it apart and reassembled it on a crude wooden stock I made to be a working caplock pistol, using a hammer and nail to make a vent hole in the barrel near the lock. I scraped the powder off 50 to 200 roll caps per shot. Then my grandfather told me about wadding. What a cool weapon it was! I'm fortunate to still be alive.

When I got to Jr. High School, I sought out the metal shop teacher and told him I wanted to build a machine gun. Didn't get much of a reaction, though.

During this time, I also became a fan of pirates - you know, like Wallace Beery in the 1934 version of Treasure Island. And the jolly pirates at the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride at Disneyland.

I'm now 74, and in spite of my youthful wishes, I'm a gun control advocate.

However, I still want to be a pirate! So I recently ordered and received this beautiful firearm: Sea Service Pistols ( Nelson's Royal Navy )

I can hardly wait to use it! But first, I just need to learn how to use it and care for it (e.g., what size flints should I use?). And that's why I joined this forum - to learn about all that stuff.

Gun control is getting the second shot where the first one hit.

Howdee from down south of Oly. Been here since 65, and looking at moving to a constitutional state.

Back