• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from the Great (soon to be) White North

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycho Mike

Free Cdn
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Starting to look at getting back into a front stuffer after a number of years away.

After progressing from highly accomplished archer, I had been into the whole BP community....rendez-vous, full garb (not buckskins, though...I looked more like a farmer than a trapper). I even had a full British redcoat (from Brigade of the American Revolution patterns...yes, I know, wrong color ;) ) with a matching 'Bess reproduction. My other ML had been a Lyman Plains Rifle (not the Great Plains) in .45cal cap and ball. That Lyman was a special piece for a typical "Hawken" style rifle...very light (honey brown) finish that nearly matched the brass and a dark knot in the comb. It had a peep /globe sight set-up and was the bane of both the local prairie dog colonies (took lots) and nudist colony (because it was a wee bit louder than the little .22cal plinkers the local kids used all summer ;) )

Well, I'm back and starting to look at a Kibler kit....always wanted a long and I hear Kibler makes a darn fine kit, so we'll just have to see what ends up darkening my door ;)

Most of us are a little “off” but you’re up front with being psycho. I like it!

Hehehe...I got the handle after taking a co-worker for a ride to get some samples...gave him a few white hairs as I happen to have picked up a few rally skills that come in handy living where the roads are snow and icy for large parts of the year. :)

Of course, my "varied" background didn't help either (archery, BP, modern firearms, various martial arts, skydiving, scuba diving, rally sprints, flying, etc....you get the idea) :D

Latest posts

Back