• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Great Plains Pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie3

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Bought one in .50 cal. After scrubbing the heck out of the bore and shooting a couple hundred rounds through it , it is starting to show some promise! My only complaint is that the trigger pull is extremely " creepy" !! Is there any way to smooth it out or should I send it back to the factory to have them do it? Thanks in advance....

Mine is about 4.5 pounds with some creep and stagey. The pistol balances so well that these unfavorable traits don't matter so much. I even use the perceptable stage just before release as an aid to trigger control.

By creepy, do you mean that it has a lot of take up before firing?

If so, you can look at adding to the trigger bar that pushes up on the seer or inletting the trigger a bit deeper to accomplish the same end.

CS

yeh but not slack take-up like a two-staged military trigger. Just a full-engagement long trigger pull with a slight hitch just before it fires. Probably doesn't feel as bad as it sounds. I'm reluctent to do any stoning as it might cut through the case hardening- if any is present.

Mec,

I have had two of them. The first one was almost 10 pounds pull at first and the other was about 6. I stoned the sear and the notch on the tumbler so that it was closer to perpendicular to the outer radius of the tumbler and it made lot of difference. The 10 pound came down to about 2 and 1/2.

You can also cut a coil from the spring that keeps pressure on the sear so that it engages the notches on the tumbler. If you chose this route, remember that anyone can cut some off, but you have to be really good to put it back on. Maybe try 1/4 of a coil at a time.

Back