• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Great Plains 50 cal. SPF

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I bought this from a member who also got it from a member. According to information I got , neither of them fired the gun. When I got it, I cleaned and oiled it and put it in my safe until I took it out for the pictures. Other information I was given was that it was a kit, stock has been refinished with an oil finish and code blue was used to give it an antique finish. USPS money order for $450 and I will pay for shipping in CONUS. Please PM me with any interest. Thanks IMG_20230620_113639194.jpgIMG_20230523_145428761.jpgIMG_20230523_145533908.jpgIMG_20230523_145638616.jpgIMG_20230523_145553276.jpgIMG_20230620_113210327.jpg

nice looking lyman but I wonder why no one has SHOT IT??? 3 members and nobody has shot it one time???????

My reason was when I shouldered it I did not like the fit. Found out I do not like the curved butt stock. Don't know why the 2 others did not shoot it. Lock and triggers work like they are supposed to work. Just wanted anyone interested to know that it has not had a lot of use.

Last edited:
Could the fact that it doesn’t have a lock bolt be why the previous members didn’t shoot it?

Someone please explain a lock bolt for me. I posted earlier why I did not shoot it. Did a search for information on lock bolt and did not help.

Lock bolt will come from the left side and hold the lock on the rifle.
I think its there but is hard to see in the first picture. Looks like you can see it on the lock plate.

Last edited:
I bought this from a member who also got it from a member. According to information I got , neither of them fired the gun. When I got it, I cleaned and oiled it and put it in my safe until I took it out for the pictures. Other information I was given was that it was a kit, stock has been refinished with an oil finish and code blue was used to give it an antique finish. USPS money order for $450 and I will pay for shipping in CONUS. Please PM me with any interest. ThanksView attachment 229728View attachment 229729View attachment 229730View attachment 229731View attachment 229732View attachment 229733
What is that gap on the bottom of the barrel in the fourth picture?

What is that gap on the bottom of the barrel in the fourth picture?
It is part of the under rib. Theer is usually a small metal "spring" there to put pressure on the ramrod to keep it form falling out etc.

Just noticed. From time to time I take out my guns and run a "rig rag" over the metal parts to protect them. I guess the light was just right because I noticed a small crack ( approx. 1" ) on the left side of the stock near the tang. Hardly noticeable , same color as some of the lines in the wood. Just a guess but I think it was there when it was refinished by a previous owner. I wasn't able to feel it when I I ran my finger over it so I don't think it is a big concern. Just wanted to be up front about my listing.

Can hardly believe this rifle hasn't sold yet.
If it was left hand I'd already have friction burns getting the money out of my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back