• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Great Grandfathers Pistol ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpc

36 Cal.
Reaction score
This is what the seller said--I think it is a recent arrival from the "Khyber Pass" Barrel is 12" long. Or could it be a "18thc Flintlock Trade Pistol"?????
Opinions welcome and thanks
IMG_4424.jpg
[/img]
IMG_4425.jpg
[/img]
IMG_4426.jpg
[/img]
IMG_4427.jpg
[/img]
IMG_4428.jpg
[/img]
IMG_4429.jpg
[/img]

The frizzen looks like the ones on old guns from the Middle Eastern countries. I have an original with a Miqulet lock that has nearly an identical frizzen.

The engraving looks worn enough to be an original. The baling wire repair shows that there has been a certain lack of professional care. Probably a smoothbore, possibly 1840's to 1880's since it is likely Far East in manufacture. The barrel is likely to be pretty poor condition.

I'd pay $100 for it, just as something to mess with.

AB

Claypipe said:
I'd hazzard a guess either Turkish or Balkans.

CP
pence.gif

Morning

Yes I believe you are correct after some research

take care and thank you

jpc

Folks:

If you post links to photos in your posts, please do not go into your photo hosting site and move, delete or change the pictures in any way.

If you do, the above, useless links is all we end up with making the entire topic basically useless.

This request applies to old photos you may have put in old posts too. A lot of our readers go thru old topics dating 8-10 years old so if you do a "clean up" and remove old pictures from your photo site, those old topics won't have the pictures they once had.

Thanks. :)

Back