• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR Buffalo Runner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got this kit really cheap.
Lyman gpr,54cal,1/60 twist,perc.
I had to do it(cut it down).
gprrunner001.jpg
gprrunner002.jpg
gprrunner003.jpg

Pretty cool.
The twist will probably be too slow for such a short barrel.
Plains pistol twist is 1:30.

JD

Thanks Huntin Dawg.
I wish it was smoothbore.
Putting on the tru oil right now.
Might be able to shoot it in a few days.

Im rubbing pennies together so i can afford to buy a .54 GPR flintlock kit, And here he is cutting them in half!

:thumbsup:

you never cease to amaze me it`s cool take it to a machine shop and have it bored just enough to cut out the rifling and it will be a smooth bore anyway great job :bow:

82 airborne said:
I know what you mean.
My Wife just took my hacksaw blade away from me.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Looks cool, i like the belt clip on the pistol too. :thumbsup:

Thanks Pitchy.
Thought about putting the clip on the buffalo runner.
It would pull my pants down though.

82 airborne said:
Thanks Pitchy.
Thought about putting the clip on the buffalo runner.
It would pull my pants down though.

Spenders bro spenders, i wear them all the time, have too and it`s not because of any gun weight. :redface: :haha:

remember the old( bounty hunter) tv.series with the cut down winchester 92 levergun carried in a hip holster make you one of those

You ought to cut the back part off the trigger guard too. That'd make it look more pistol like.

HD

happy birth day old man hope this has been a good day for you ,i like you buff-gun and i bet it will suprise you on accuracey i bet it will still shoot well :thumbsup:

82nd,
Thats some fine lookin'shootin'irons ya got there! Keep up the good work! :hatsoff: Good Luck & Good Shootin'

I remember that tv series.
Thats a good idea.
I think Ill do that.
I will order some leather and see what I can come up with.
Thanks Tom.

Thanks Tom.
Im 51 now, I tell the kids Im 21.
Spent the entire day working on the gun.
It was a good day.
Thanks, :bow:

looks good tom how did you recrown it.it will shoot allrite it will be like haveing 1 twist in 104 in a 32"barrel.
bernie :bow:

Latest posts

Back