• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

got my chunk gun !!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walruskid1

54 Cal.
Reaction score
thanks to a fellow member of our BP community, i am the proud owner of an "over the log gun". a .55 caliber percussion half stock with a 42" x 1-1/4 bill large barrel. i can't wait until summer to shoot in a few competitions. i've wanted to try my hand at chunk and light bench for a long time and now have the rifle for it. i'll try to post some pics when i can. the lock has no markings on the exterior but on the inside it has an "s" in a circle and a 4 digit #. any guess as to the maker?

Congratulations! Welcome to the Chunk Gun Circut. Why not kick off the year with the Sgt. York Memorial Shoot at Pall Mall,Tennessee the third week-end of March! We'll have about 200 shooters on the line in two relays,and it's FUN--FUN--FUN :haha:. Folks come from California to Canada to (as in my case) Florida. There'll be a number of folks from Ohio,so come on down!

Uh....sorry about it being one of those caplock thingymijigs :shake:. What does it weigh?

it ways 15 lbs plus a 3 lb cant block. the york match sounds great, hope i can pull it off.

15 pounds? There you go! After a day of shooting you will have had just exactly the workout your doctor said you should have. :grin:
Now all you have to do is convince your wife and your boss that you have to shoot your new gun every day. Doctors Orders! :rotf:

walruskid1 said:
it ways 15 lbs plus a 3 lb cant block. the york match sounds great, hope i can pull it off.

15lbs? Why thets just tha thing for them long winter walks in tha woods! Keep ya warm! :thumbsup:

Davy

walruskid1 said:
:youcrazy:...................
jaw.gif
.................. :rotf:

Your going to have Huge arms after a year of carrying that around. :grin:

Did it come with a trailer?? :rotf:

Let me know when you take it out to

Log Cabin to shoot it.

Gary

I feel your pain, that 48"r is 2 oz from 14 and its hell to hold up and fire for more than a few seconds, it do build the arm up! Fred :thumbsup:

I'd like to have one of those! And you don't have a clue about the maker? I'd get with that guy that sold it and really try to pry it out of him...Them guns don't grow on trees :rotf: Bet maybe them fellars at the York shoot in Tenn. might have seen it...I hope you get to go. Please tell us how she shoots! thanks

walruskid1 said:
thanks to a fellow member of our BP community, i am the proud owner of an "over the log gun". a .55 caliber percussion half stock with a 42" x 1-1/4 bill large barrel. i can't wait until summer to shoot in a few competitions. i've wanted to try my hand at chunk and light bench for a long time and now have the rifle for it. i'll try to post some pics when i can. the lock has no markings on the exterior but on the inside it has an "s" in a circle and a 4 digit #. any guess as to the maker?

Buy the size of it, You got the whole gun, not just a Chunck! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Way to go WK1! Just a few days ago, I held up the cross sticks rifle I'm building; 54 cal. 42 inch 1 1/16 Rice barrel on an Early Lancaster fullstock. It'll be just under 14 pounds to comply with NMLRA regs. So I have some idea what you mean....WOW! That'sa lotsa' meat but, it sure does holds steady for a split second, hey!. We'll have to get together sometimes.

Back