• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got any dumb statements by idiots?? (Muzzleloading shooting related)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
once had an idiot tell me that a .44 revolver was so anemic he would be willing to stand down range at 30 yards and let me shoot him with mine and it wouldn't penetrate and would only bruise him....that I would have to be right next to him to kill with such an archaic weapon
I didn't take him up on it. Let him test that theory somewhere else.
Wonder how he would feel about a longbow?

"Storing your flints in water will preserve them longer":rolleyes:
Silica deposits, such as flint, chert, and the abrasive tripoli, originate from radiolarian skeletons. Fossil radiolarians have been found that date to Precambrian Time (3.96 billion to 540 million years ago). ( Off the net )

Sounds like a good idea to me 😂
Larry

Silica deposits, such as flint, chert, and the abrasive tripoli, originate from radiolarian skeletons. Fossil radiolarians have been found that date to Precambrian Time (3.96 billion to 540 million years ago). ( Off the net )

Sounds like a good idea to me 😂
Larry
What in hell is a "radiolarian"?

How's this for f#cking dumb ?
The New York State Assembly today passed legislation that bans lead ammo from being used on state lands and all lands in the New York City watershed. Talk about a big blow to frontstuffers! This is most of the Adirondack and Catskill parks! It hurts just talking about it!
Don't cartridge bullets also contain lead? They just killed hunting for a lot of people...

Last edited:
The New York State Assembly today passed legislation that bans lead ammo from being used on state lands and all lands in the New York City watershed. Talk about a big blow to frontstuffers! This is most of the Adirondack and Catskill parks! It hurts just talking about it!
Don't cartridge bullets also contain lead? They just killed hunting for a lot of people...
i would suspect that they knew exactly what they were doing ...

just because they're jerk- o leftist politicians doesn't mean that they're not also duplicitous, disingenuous and self- serving ...

That was the intention to totally ban hunting. some of the unmentionable suppliers are now making bullets from copper but with the copper prices going up those will probably become prohibitively expensive .

Alabama once restricted small game M/L hunting to .40 caliber and less. When I questioned a bunch of conservation officers about this they said " if someone is small game hunting with a deer caliber M/L and jumps a deer they will probably try to kill the deer out of season". I had killed a pile of squirrels with a loaded down .50 and quit small game hunting when the law passed, all I owned at the time was a TC Renegade.

I told them that if someone was going to take an illegal shot at a deer it would be with whatever they had in their hands from a 22 to a 12 ga with bird shot.

They have since changed the law to include any caliber M/L for small game. Deep down I suspect this is to allow hunters that happen up on wild hogs to kill as many as they can. Hogs have taken over some areas.
Might can get my nephew to take us to Seven Mile Island for a few hogs. If you're interested.

"My barrel was made by Sharon/Douglas/Green Mountain" just because their TC Hawken has a stamp on the bottom of the barrel.

We all start out ignorant; that doesn't make any of us idiots. I can't see any reason to disparage anyone for not knowing something I know.

I do mentoring of young people and one of my very favourite of them is a young woman who, when she doesn't know something, makes no attempt to cover up her ignorance. She just asks for an explanation. I have nothing but respect for her.

We all start out ignorant; that doesn't make any of us idiots. I can't see any reason to disparage anyone for not knowing something I know.

I do mentoring of young people and one of my very favourite of them is a young woman who, when she doesn't know something, makes no attempt to cover up her ignorance. She just asks for an explanation. I have nothing but respect for her.
I too work with a lot of young people, Muzzleloading included. I notice a lot of kids who do attempt to cover up their lack of knowledge. I think there are some kids who are under a lot of pressure to not make mistakes, and they either feel like it’s expected that they know everything, or worst of all, are afraid to ask a question. One of my goals in working with these kids is to make sure they know that it’s okay to fail, mistakes happen, and the best way to recover from or avoid mistakes is to raise your hand. I now have a group of kids who aren’t afraid to ask questions, and even better, are confident enough to help each other out, and not feel ashamed when they need a hand. That is a Life skill!

Latest posts

Back