• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got a T/C Hawken today for $200 otd.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green Mountain makes a 15/16" .54 barrel that will fit your gun.

If you are going to use real black powder, use 3F. Pyrodex works fine.

I picked up a lb of Pyrodex FFG today just in case...will try both types when I get out and shoot it. :thumbsup:

And 100 Hornady .490 balls.

P.S. and 100 prelubed T/C .018 pillow ticking patches (all the store had)

Don't forget to check on the condition of your patches after they have been fired.

The outer edges can be really tattered down to the point where the ball was touching the bore but the area where the ball touches the bore and the center area where the patch was against the back of the ball should not have any torn or burned thru areas.

I mention this because although roundball has had excellent luck with old TC pre lubed patches I've had the opposite.
Many of mine were little more than an assortment of threads after they were fired.

I attribute this to the lube breaking down the strength of the material over the course of the years they sit on the shelf.

(Freshly lubed patches of similar material, shot in the same guns have never produced this patch condition for me.)

Latest posts

Back