• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good Deals in Classifieds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg

Cannon
Reaction score
Looks like a few pretty good deals on smoothbores of various types in the classifieds is anyone is looking but has not checked there lately. :thumbsup:

:cursing: Spent the money I had to buy a smooth bore on a new CF handgun because I couldn't find a good deal on a smooth bore :cursing: :cursing:

If I didn't have to come up with 1,065.00 for daughter tuition and books and firsts months school payment I would have snached that 10 ga. I'm totaly bummed out gonna take me a few months to get that money back, in savings, oh well she's more than worth it

Flintlock, I can feel your pain. I put four kids through college. Now I make 1/5 as much as I did then. But have far more "play money" than I did then. There are times though I regret sending them. There are no high paying jobs in our rural area so once they finished college they moved away. One has moved back to the area with two grandkids to play with. But the others live from four to 12 hours drive. We have several people in the neighborhood who are raising their grandkids because they did not teach their own kids responsibility. I don't know which is better, having responsible kids far away, or grandkids to keep you young. :idunno: :idunno:

" having responsible kids far away, or grandkids to keep you young."

The first has been a blessing due to the kids accompishments and the pride it give one, but I find myself wishing for the second option quite often, it seems like they can warp drive from 3-13 years old in the blink of an eye.

Unfourtunatly I'm one of the come back kids, I'm thankfull every day , now my daughter has a good and strong famly, her mom abandoned both of us , and couldn't careless, and unlike other folks I'm also supporting my parents, As well as daughter
So she has best of both worlds, and oh yes I as well as patents have days of verbal thunder, but forgiveness is the key to success

Just today I settled the deal for TC hawken flintlock with custom stock, and 54 rifled and 62 smoothie for $450.00 total. Huh?

Not bad!

I'm trying to figure out whether to send off the extra .50 barrel for the flinter GPR to have it reamed to a .55 smoothie or have a barrel cobbled together for a Renegade stock. The GPR makes more sense I reckon. Would no doubt work well with bird shot and .53RB. On the other hand a well balanced small bore octagonal to tapered round smooth barrel for a reworked Renegade stock could really be nice. Maybe trim about 6" off the front of the stock and fit a cap, lower the comb, sweat the ram rod holders onto the tapered barrel, fixed front blade. Hmm.
Well, we'll see.

This sounds like an interesting project. Contact Roundball. He has experience with smoothies so maybe he knows someone who can help. Good luck

Latest posts

Back