• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

golfball mortar today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guncobbler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Shot the golfball mortar today for the first time. My mentor in this game suggested 55 grains of 1F to get a range of 33 yards. I had 2F. Loaded it with 30 grains just to be conservative. At the shot the ball disappeared. I just hope it stayed on the property... Put in 15 grains and I was able to follow the ball thru it's trajectory. It landed 55 yards away quite predictably. I think I have a longer barrel and less windage. While testing for windage the ball goes down the barrel easy but there is a slight delay if you drop it down while holding your finger over the flash hole. This little mortar is a lot of fun. Can't wait til I scare up some more golf balls. GC

We always used a Dixie Cup full of 2F, never did see the darn thing land. :hmm:

Less powder, who would have thought? Now they even have a game of it! :rotf:

guncobbler said:
While testing for windage the ball goes down the barrel easy but there is a slight delay if you drop it down while holding your finger over the flash hole. This little mortar is a lot of fun. Can't wait til I scare up some more golf balls. GC

Definitely sounds like a tight bore. Is there amy golf courses or driving ranges near your home? Isially, if there's no loose balls, there's some guy, roadside, selling used balls. Of course, there's always Ebay.

grin.gif

CP

Latest posts

Back