• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gander Mtn Pyrodex??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooddw

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been in two Gander Mountain stores in the past week and neither one is carrying any Pyrodex RS or P. They have a little 777 but that is all. Both of these stores had it last year. I don't mean to open a debate on Pyrodex vs BP. I just thought this was strange with hunting season coming up.

I am glad I don't have to rely on a chain gun store for my supply of powder.
Within 20 miles of my home is the west Mich Distributer of BP. He sells it to us out the door from 1 pound up to 50 pounds. Most of the time I buy 25pound lots for cost resale to my civil war unit.

Whose the W. Michigan supplier you use? I'd appreciate another source, if closer :hatsoff: . I know of a couple, but can't hurt to know of more..

I'm just asking if anyone has seen this anywhere else. Has a shortage developed for Pyrodex?

All you have to do is request a product at Gander and they will have it shipped from another store.

Saw 2 cans in Wall Mart the other day. From the size of the space on the shelf it looked like 2 cans was all they planned to have at 1 time.

I wasn't looking to buy any. I just thought it was odd that two Gander stores would have no Pyrodex with hunting season about to start.

Our local Gander doesn't have it either. Then again though, our deer season is still a month away. I'm betting that powder is on it's way.

Heck it's just the end of September, the guys around here that use them funny looking plastic stocked muzzleloaders are still golfing, racing or whatever. Still way too early to think about shooting the muzzleloader. Maybe another month and you will see it on the shelves. chuck-ia

Back