• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Fusil de chasse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scot mur

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello to all ! Looking for a good plain Jane fusil de chasse for hunting and reenactments . Nothing too fancy just a rugged and pleasant shooting light french trade gun . Been a fan for many years of these light yet very rugged guns . Would prefer to have a back sight installed also on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks for reading

Hello to all ! Looking for a good plain Jane fusil de chasse for hunting and reenactments . Nothing too fancy just a rugged and pleasant shooting light french trade gun . Been a fan for many years of these light yet very rugged guns . Would prefer to have a back sight installed also on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks for reading
You should indicate your budget parameters for one.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, there were many types of fusil in the 1700s and many trade guns - if thats what youre after - weren't the fusil de chasse.

I can no longer shoot my long guns so will sell my Fusil de Chasse 20 ga./62 cal. complete with mold, balls, patches, flints & shooting supplies for $1,800 plus actual postage & insurance & will be shipped in a hard case to protect against damage.

SPECS;
As photos reflect the maple stock is a much higher grade.
The 41" barrel has a perfect bright bore & is signed Deathwind Arms & built by myself when I was building guns professionally.
The rifle weighs in at 7.25 lbs. , the OAL is 57" & the LOP is 14.75"
The lock is by Davis & produces excellent spark.
The rifle has an unbreakable black polycarbonate ramrod that resembles ebony & the ends are fitted for included cleaning accessories.
Can send more detailed photos & details if interested.
The barrel is professionally regulated to shoot dead on @50 yds. via an ornate notch in the tang that precisely lines up with the front sight.
I have won 50 yd rifle matches with this smooth bore & nailed a few pheasants as well.

Relic shooter

Attachments

• French Fusil, Deathwind Arms, full view lock side #1.JPG
    French Fusil, Deathwind Arms, full view lock side #1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Deathwind Arms builder, completed French Fusil de' Chase, full cheek side view.jpg
    Deathwind Arms builder, completed French Fusil de' Chase, full cheek side view.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • French Fusil, Deathwind Arms, lock view.JPG
    French Fusil, Deathwind Arms, lock view.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Deathwind Arms builder, completed French Fusil de' Chase, opposite lock view.jpg
    Deathwind Arms builder, completed French Fusil de' Chase, opposite lock view.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Deathwind Arms builder, completed French Fusil de' Chase, top breech view.jpg
    Deathwind Arms builder, completed French Fusil de' Chase, top breech view.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Deathwind Arms builder, completed French Fusil de' Chase, front sight & muzzle view.jpg
    Deathwind Arms builder, completed French Fusil de' Chase, front sight & muzzle view.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back