• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

frizzen spring

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capt jack

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Any ideas where I might be able to pick up a frizzen spring for a A-H mountain rifle? My friend bought the rifle on close-out , so I know there are no parts available from A-H.The spring was not correct from the start[frizzen was loose when open] , so I heated it , bent it ,re-tempered it , and it worked great for about 50 shots--then broke :cursing:

You may want to give Dixie Gun Works a try. They sell many spare parts for rifles that they sell and I know that they sell your rifle.

Doc -I went through the same thing with my AH flint,Dixie does NOT have any parts for them.I wound up sending lock my to Steve Zihn,he made a spring for it,works great now.Stan Hollenbaugh will build spring and tune the lock,you can call him at 717-259-9271.Steve Zihn is a member here,so you can just PM him.Hope this helps..Respectfully Montanadan

I can vouch for Steve Zihn in Shoshone, WY. He can tune a lock. His address is 112 Riggs Rd, Shoshone, don't recall the zip.

Doc, keep an eye on the A/H site. When they finish getting rid of guns, they're going to sort the remaining parts and post a list. When I made my order, early in their liquidation, they had a lot of parts. He made it sound like they had quite a few of them, but they wouldn't know what all until they could get them sorted. It looks like they're winding down on the guns, so a parts list should show up soon. I ordered some spare parts and frizzens but no springs, or I'd offer you one of mine.

Thank's everone for your input , and especially you Plink for the thought . I contacted a lock builder today , that I have used before , and I am going to send him the lock . He will retro-fit a common spring [Siler-L&R]to replace the original spring . That way, if it happens again , I won't have this problem again! And again --Thanks

Latest posts

Back